UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Muz products in the SE

Old 10-03-2001, 04:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by dwrights
Im keeping my fingers crossed bmarshall for a snug fitting set. One other thing hoe do i change my description from enthusiast to owner?
I'm sure 99% of the mats are fine. But it's tricky with Muz in Auz if they're not. He's been helpful to a degree though.

Go to the 'MyS2000' bit and input your car's VIN.

Then you're an owner and get the photo album etc.

-Brian.
Old 10-03-2001, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dwrights
Thanks for the quick reply Ian. Can i order:

Prestige Floor Mats, charcoal rhd, blue trim,blue logo's,anchor eyelets,heel mats both sides.

and also a black window tube.

Kind Regards.

David.
One thing I wished I hadn't ordered on my mats was the heel "mats". The mats are plastic bonded to the mat. IMO they cheapen the look & feel of the mats. Also the heel of my suit shoes gets caught on the edge of the plate!

Find an owner local before ordering would be my advice and try them.
Old 10-03-2001, 05:02 AM

Hello Ian, After invaluable advice from very helpfull s2ki members, can i order my mats without the optional heel slides.

Regards.

David.
Old 10-03-2001, 05:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

*Actually make that nearly all, not universally.......
One thing I wished I hadn't ordered on my mats was the heel "mats"...
Sorry one and all - it was not my intention to mislead anyone (with 20/20 hindsight) my sweeping 'universally acclaimed' comment.

It is interesting to read some negative comments (I genuinely hadn't seen any previously). Obviously take the comments on board and let me know if you want to proceed with your orders.

Ian
Old 10-03-2001, 06:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianl
[B]
Old 10-04-2001, 01:33 AM

Im definately interested in Muzmats Front & Rear if anyone is ordering - Im on the Hants/Surrey border.

Floor mats :

Black RHD Mat
Black Trim
Black Logos +20.00
Anchor Post Eyelet

Roof well :

Black Mat
Black Trim

Here's a funny story - my propshaft fell off last Friday. Well, didnt fall off completely, just rattled around a lot when the securing bolts all came loose and some fell out.

Grosvenor Garage Guildford, Surrey (Honda dealer) - You should be ashamed of yourselves for replacing my clutch (second one now) and not tightening my propshaft up!

Cheers,

Keith
Old 10-04-2001, 01:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tyringe
[B]Here's a funny story - my propshaft fell off last Friday.
Old 10-04-2001, 02:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tyringe - I will contact you sometime next week to confirm your order. Thanks

What is going on with your clutch - why are you now on clutch number 3? Are these being replaced under waranntee?
Old 10-04-2001, 03:06 AM

My car was 1300miles old when I picked it up so I thought it must have been "run in" but I got a burning smell when driving moderately hard. By the time it got replaced by Fleet Honda the smell had pretty much gone away (unless driving really hard) but they replaced it anyway.

After Fleet Honda did silly things like putting on new roof catches the WRONG WAY ROUND (left on right side, right on left), and covering up scratches (three times!) I decided to go to a different dealer - Grosvenor in Guildford.

Grosvenor said they would look at the clutch and then replaced it (forgetting to do my propshaft back up). The clutch burning smell is still there but I am not going to do anything about it.

I checked here and no-one has said anything about clutch burning smell so I got it checked out - wished I hadnt now tho.

My S2000 is not going anywhere near another garage (certainly NOT Fleet or Grosvenor) until it absolutely needs a service.
Old 10-04-2001, 03:22 AM

Originally posted by Tyringe

My S2000 is not going anywhere near another garage (certainly NOT Fleet or Grosvenor) until it absolutely needs a service.
If it were not a warranty requirement to have the car dealer serviced I would do the work myself. I certainly didn't trust anyone else to do the hartop and CD changer installs.

Quick Reply: Muz products in the SE