UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Muz Mats

Old 02-19-2008, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muz Mats

Have just got my Prestige Muz mats and whilst the passenger one is a perfect fit, the driver side seems baggy around the chasis member (when secured over the posts).

I have emailed Muz (just a moment ago) and am awaiting a reply, so I don't want anyone to think this is a public complaint, far from it. I am just eager to see if other peoples are like this and establish whether my expectations were too high.

Any comments?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:26 AM

Yep baggy here and although I got the ones with 'eyelets' in so I could fix it better to the car HONDA don't sell the carpet hooks unless you buy the mats from them! So there is no way to fix the mat unless you unbolt the seat and trap it under, which I am unable to do.

If i could buy the hooks I am sure the carpets would be a great fit.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:53 AM

Mine fits really well, but I have the hooks as the car came with dealer mats. It was a bit baggy to begin with, but quickly took the shape of the floor and now sits just right.

My one complaint would be that the reinforced part of the mat (for your heel) is too far back for those of us with small feet (my wife, not me!) and her heel is gradually wearing the mat just above that bit...
Old 02-19-2008, 10:38 AM

I'm still searching for mats, how much are they delivered?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

You can find out on Muz's site, he does discount for s2ki and s2kuk members. type in 9000rpm as the discount code
Old 02-19-2008, 12:26 PM

Mine are a month old and drivers side is baggy over the chassis member. I tried using the velcro strips supplied to improve the fit but they were not sticky enough and about as much use as a chocolate fireguard

Hoping that they will fit better as they get older. May source some stronger velcro and retry.

I find that because the mat doesn't sit flush it rubs the back of my left leg which sometimes irritates when driving
Old 02-19-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bramblecat,Feb 19 2008, 09:26 PM
Mine are a month old and drivers side is baggy over the chassis member. I tried using the velcro strips supplied to improve the fit but they were not sticky enough and about as much use as a chocolate fireguard

Hoping that they will fit better as they get older. May source some stronger velcro and retry.

I find that because the mat doesn't sit flush it rubs the back of my left leg which sometimes irritates when driving
Exactly that for me too, the mat rubbing etc not overly impressed to be honest
Old 02-19-2008, 03:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They take some time to contour to the floorpan. There have been threads in the past with people using ballast to help shape the mats (incl. bags of frozen peas and tins of fruit salad) but the point is, they will eventually take shape.

Muz doesn't do himself any favours with the way they're packed, ie. all folded up, and what with the price and the rave reviews they get on here, people's expectations are always that bit higher.

However, speaking as someone who owned a set of Muz Prestige mats from new, they are unquestionably better than anything else out there and hardly show wear at all.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:21 PM

Thats great feedback, thanks everyone. I have got the hooks as I had the Honda mats originally and the fit isn't any better for having them.

Seems that maybe my expectation was a little high, there are so many posts on here that rave about these mats that it is easy to assume they are all things to all men.

Agree that the packing system doesn't help but I guess that a flatter system would only increase costs.

Just incase anyone is wondering, the mats take about 5 days to make and then the shipping time is on top of that. I opted for the 2-4 business day delivery but due to manufacture time it really takes a couple of weeks before you see them.

The charcoal and blue trim look good in the Nurby blue though. Haven't driven the car with them in yet so am hoping that none of those leg rubbing irritations are evident.