UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Mugen S2000 Demonstrator for sale

Old 05-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

As I understand Southern Counties Commercial Director reads these boards, understandably he may not want to comment publicly, to avoid being bombarded with PM's etc, however I am sure this constructive criticism will help improve his business if it is acted upon
Old 05-23-2003, 04:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As one of my last communications as a Mod/CO, I saw a copy of a complaint from a dealer about a post/thread on the board. The complaint also hinted at possible legal action against S2ki.

I can't remember which dealer it was from and, by the time I saw the email, the thread/post had been removed. - presumably by AE or Paul or Anthony, or someone across the Pond.

The author of the emailed complaint did say that he was a board member (also his wife) but I've never seen a post from them

Pete
Old 05-23-2003, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AE dealt with it. He mentioned it briefly to me in the context of the libel laws. It was from the Commercial Manager at Southern Counties, I think.

It was moot whether it was libellous, but I suggested to AE that the route of least resistance was to remove it and PM the original poster of the comment to say why.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think there's too many lawyers on this board to risk legal action!

Almost everyone on this site posts constructive, factual comment - there's hardly ever any unwarranted bashing. I've not had any experience of SC but I've just slated Jam Jar/Dixons on another thread - if you post a fair factual account of what service you receive, then the recipient hasn't got a leg to stand on.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:44 AM

That was the point, Craig - it wasn't really very fair or factual! It may well have been fair comment, but there wasn't any explanation of what had prompted the comment. I suggested to AE that he might want to point out to the poster that he was welcome to post again, using slightly more measured language, and explaining why he had reached that conclusion. I'm not sure whether Ian passed the comment on, but I've not seen anything in similar terms from the same poster.......
Old 05-23-2003, 04:45 AM

The Commercial Director of Southern Counties does read these boards and here I am. Naturally I am disappointed to hear of the problems that some of you have encountered. Some are known to me, some are not.

We have been making major changes to our business since I arrived in July last year. The management team has changed significantly and our focus is to exceed our customers expectations. Honda measure and rank their dealers on customer satisfaction. Although this may be of little comfort to those that have suffered problems, we do score in the top 25% in the UK and in the top 10% in our region. This is not to say that we cannot improve.

I would like to extend an invitation to discuss individually with all of you any concerns that you may have with the quality of service that we now provide. I don't want to make this a public debate but I am happy to meet or discuss issues over the phone.

We are developing a Mugen S2000 with Honda UK. Unlike other aftermarket modifications this car retains a 3 year 90,000 mile warranty. The details can be found at www.mugen-S2000.co.uk. One of our cars (silver) will be at Motor Drive Live this weekend and I anticipate that you will be able to judge just how good the car is, from features that will appear in the motoring press in the next few months.

Regards

David Scovell
Commercial Director
01293-520191
Old 05-23-2003, 04:58 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by scov
[B]The Commercial Director of Southern Counties does read these boards and here I am.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by scov
[B]
The details can be found at www.mugen-S2000.co.uk.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:21 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cheshire_carper
[B]

you must be missing an index.html there.

Old 05-23-2003, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Scov it is nice to have you on the board, and I think great that you have stuck your head above the parapit

Whilst you may well rank highly amongst Honda's own rankings, being in the Service industry myself, the most accurate measure is what the end customers actually experience and think.

On this board one member has started our own dealer ratings system recently, this I beleive can really add value, both to customers and to the dealers alike. That may well be worth a look certainly are some challenges to overcome it seems.

Don't get me wrong, we aren't any Ann Robinson style website (as I am sure you will know as a regular reader, but a source of invaluable information for all things S2000.

Total Respect to you for posting David, how about a cheese and wine (or orange juice!) evening dedicated to s2ki users sometime? Or why not pop along to the next Sussex meet? Are you an S2000 Owner yourself?

You could tell everyone about the dealership and what's changed etc. You can only do yourself good by fixing any problems caused in the past, but then i dont need to teach grannies to suck eggs do i?

Oh and if you'd like to make a donation to the next SuperMeet raffle just let myself or Ade know We had some lovely things off various dealers for SM3

Cheers

Quick Reply: Mugen S2000 Demonstrator for sale