UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Mugen S2000 Demonstrator for sale

Old 05-22-2003, 11:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mugen S2000 Demonstrator for sale

Just incase you dont read the East Gristead Courier, you might be interested to know that Southern Cowboys Honda, Crawley, are selling their Mugen S2000 demonstrator:

2003 Mugen S2000
Imola Orange
3000 miles
Old 05-22-2003, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you dont mind me asking what exactly is a "Mugen S2000 demonstrator" ?
Old 05-22-2003, 11:54 AM

Originally posted by shockwave667
If you dont mind me asking what exactly is a "Mugen S2000 demonstrator" ?
No off course not shockwave667.

Southern Counties ('Cowboys' as we call them) Honda bolted a few Mugen bits on stock S2000's (most significantly the exhause and intake) and started marketing them . Their demonstator is their 'show car' - i.e. the car they give test drives in. This is the car which is up for sale. More details buried in here:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=110013
Old 05-22-2003, 11:55 AM

Have they taken all those lovely graphics off the side? I wonder how many cars they have sold with the full kit?
Old 05-22-2003, 12:00 PM

What surprised me is that all the sales bumpf, including the graphics on the side of the car show before and after rolling road results dated 1999. Surely these are a little out of date and probably completely irrelevant if based on a Japanese domestic car which has the higher power output?
Old 05-23-2003, 12:37 AM

Have you guys seen the car? I'm still not convinced about the Orange colour.

If you want striking, you go for Red or Yellow.

More subtle, but smart colours - the Blues.

Classic colours - Black and Silver.

The Orange just doesn't do anything for me.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:07 AM

Why do you call them cowboys, or is that a stupid question?
Old 05-23-2003, 02:34 AM

Originally posted by stigzed
Why do you call them cowboys, or is that a stupid question?
I cannot remember who used the term Southern Cowboys (SC) initially, but it struck a chord with many of us straight away.

Are they bad all of the time? Of course not.

Their main problem is customer service (or the lack of it). If you asked someone to start a thread with customer service problems at SC, it could possibly get out of hand.

I have tried to buy cars (NEW cars on more than one occasion) and just been met with ambivalence at best. I am hoping that one day they may reach the dizzy heights of apathy.

Honda UK told me to register my EU S2000 at SC and they said, "why should we?". (If they had bothered to contact me when I left my name on the list for a used S the year before, I would not have had to go elsewhere). I went to Tunbridge Wells Honda and they have been marvellous.

... or the couple of years before that when I walked in with my girlfriend to buy TWO NEW CARS and they just left us there whilst they decided to see other people who came in after us and would "possibly be able to organise a test drive if you returned later in the day". We bought both new cars elsewhere at Cornes Honda that same day - they could not do enough for us.

... or the time I ordered and paid for locking wheel nuts and touch up paint. "We will call you sir"....Two weeks later .... I ring them. "Sorry, sir." He managed to "find" a touch up bottle and "these wheel nuts work on about 90% of all Hondas, try these and see if they work."

There are many other stories that I have heard, but they become second hand and it is not fair (even to SC) to mention them.

Perhaps they have so much business, they feel that they do not have to try and become complacent. It's human I suppose.

Bear in mind that you never know who is watching this board. Sadly, the only time you find out is when enough people complain and they finally have to take notice.

I would not advise anyone to add complaints here (just in case!)

Ask yourself a question: I live 10 minutes from SC, yet I travel an hour to Tunbridge Wells Honda and others down to Hailsham AFTER we have had dealings with SC.

Make your own decision and prove us cynics wrong. I would be happy to eat humble pie.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:49 AM

Just to add a few personal experiences to those of DB.......

When my wife wanted to purchase a Stream (to replace here Scenic - a logical 'upgrade') she duly turned up alone one morning in the Renault. There was a Stream demonstrator parked on the forecourt which she looked around. Despite there not being a single customer in the showroom, no-one came out to see if she needed any help. She eventually ventured in and asked if someone could unlock the car and show her around. Giving the impression he was doing her a great favour one of the sales staff eventually showed her around the car. When she asked for a test drive (this was a demonstrator after all!!) she was told the car was boxed in (it was) and perhaps she would like to come back another time (remember, there where no other customers in the place at this time!!!) We did by a Stream, but not from SC.

I entrusted the ordering of a set of carpets for the new Stream to SC and despite clearly stating that it was a 2.0 VETS Sport (it is written on the order form), carpets for the 1.7 model where provided (wrong trim colour)

I approach SC to register a EU import (as advised by Honda UK) - SC wanted a
Old 05-23-2003, 03:19 AM

And they say that England is a "service" country.....

Quick Reply: Mugen S2000 Demonstrator for sale