UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Mugen Honda S2000 - time to get your chequebook out

Old 03-13-2003, 03:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Coxyboy1
[B]Brian

Just nipped out to the carpark, and had a look. The cutout is their, but with no trim!
Old 03-13-2003, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the bhp increase following the mugen upgrade?

Z.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:54 AM

Originally posted by bmarshall

Split pipe - covers the edge nicely. (A tip picked up from Biker1). One reason I trimmed it, was to help prevent damage on the CAI if the edge of the cutout did come into to contact with it.

Do you work at Gaydon? There's a Honda-R meet there a week on Sunday (23rd), if you can make it. (Details at http://www.hondarevolutions.com )

-Brian.
Brian

What particular size of pipe would you recommend? Foam or Rubber?

Yes I do work at Gaydon. I would love to go to the Honda meet on the Sunday, it just all depends on whether I can get a pass out from the missus for two events in one weekend. I'm already down for the Midlands meet on Saturday 22nd, so it would suggest that she would be making claims of neglect which for some reason always seems to end up being expensive for ME

Thanks for the invite. I'll see if I can wear her down!!

Martin
Old 03-13-2003, 04:05 AM

Originally posted by csstzni
What is the bhp increase following the mugen upgrade?

Z.
I don't know, as I haven't had it dyno'd. I imagine there is not a massive difference in BHP, possibly 7-9 BHP. I think the main benefit is the weight savings over the standard exhaust system components, and a little more low end torque.

Brain can you help with this one?

Martin
Old 03-13-2003, 04:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Coxyboy1

What particular size of pipe would you recommend? Foam or Rubber?
The pipe I'm using is pretty stiff - I think it's a vaccum line. I'll have to check. It's certainly a car pipe though. You can get dedicated bits of trim, but that kind of tough pipe seems to handled the right curves better.

It'd be nice to meet you (and see the 'official' Mugen car.) if you can make it If not, there are always other meets

-Brian.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:27 AM

Hi Guys,

Just spoke to Honda UK about the Mugen upgrade and they were not very helpful but directed me to Chiswick Honda who told me that the Mugen upgrade was 3.5K and provided a 20 bhp gain.

Not v.good value for money in my book!

Z.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:43 AM

That explains the Mugen option when I was searching for an insurance premium.

Options:

S2000 conv
S2000 GT
S2000 Mugen
S2000 conv type V import
S2000 conv import
Old 03-13-2003, 08:16 AM

Found this on the Evo web site

"Meanwhile, mounting pressure in the roadster market is forcing Honda to up the stakes - and how! The firm is to launch a hot Mugen special edition of the S2000 for the UK - and it will be an extreme version of the already impressive standard car.

Thanks to a new exhaust system, replacement air filter and a stripped down weight-saving cabin, drivers will enjoy explosive performance. The car's 0-60mph sprint is expected to beat the standard roadster's 6.2 seconds. Power will also be up on the current car's 237bhp, with the Mugen breaking the 250bhp barrier. The special edition will be based on the concept version that appeared at the Geneva Motor Show two years ago, and will have new alloys as well as an imposing rear wing. The Mugen S2000 could hit UK roads as early as next year. Chris Thorp"

FYI

Bork
Old 03-13-2003, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by ianl
Rob, Kelvin...anyone else who got this - would you mind faxing me a copy of the letter please?

020 8253 4001

Many ta's

Ian

I'm afraid mine has gone back to Southern Counties. There was a tick box on the letter if you wanted more info so I ticked it and put it in the post. Didn't keep a copy though.

I could possibly send a copy of what I get back if interested.

Kelvin
Old 03-13-2003, 09:49 AM

Hi Martin

Did you buy your Mugen from Tachbrook Honda, is it Black, if so you are the guy that done me out of a day long test drive as they had sold it when I got there. So I had to make do with a GT fitted with an HKS exhaust.

Rog

Quick Reply: Mugen Honda S2000 - time to get your chequebook out