UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

More Alarm Issues

Old 05-15-2007, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Alarm Issues

Having trouble with the standard alarm in the Honda it's an '03 It's started going off randomly and I'm not sure why. When it goes off, only the alarm sounds and the lights don't flash. The usual culprit is the battery but since I use the car daily, 45min drive each way, makes me think the battery should be in a fine condition :S

Suggestions?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:04 AM

Once you've pressed the button to stop the alarm, the lights should flash a sequence to indicate what the cause was.

There's a sensor under the bonnet which can be a little temperamental.

There have been a few instances of the alarm control board having to be changed.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:10 AM

When I press the button to stop the alarm, there is only one flash of the lights as if the alarm had never gone off and I was just opening the car as normal

I've witnessed the lights flashing in sequence before when the alarm was triggered by the wind on the roof. This is different from that.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:13 PM

Thought it was just a temporary glitch but now it's getting more severe. Alarm was going off all night to my neighbours delight. At one point I'd dissarm it then after a minute or so it'd come back on. Did this several times in a row .

Finally got it to stop got a bit of sleep only to be woken again at half 5. So in my deparation I popped the trunk slightly and left it, figured the alarm wouldn't re-arm if a door was open. Thankfully it didn't and I managed to get another hours sleep.

Checked the battery when I went out this morning and couldn't see very much at all. Saw a faint red glow (inner circle) but that was about it. Funny thing, car turned over and started no problem.

When I got to work, I checked again and saw the outer blue ring and inner red circle (indicating OK battery). Figure it must have picked up a bit of charge. Will check it at lunchtime and see if things change. If they have then I think it's new battery time.

Still confused.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The Alarm that is installed on the car isn't OEM. It was added to the car by Honda UK prior to being sold. It is known to be a POS.

Do yourself a favour and get it replaced with a descent alarm.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:20 AM

Is there any way to switch off the alarm so it won't automatically arm itself? I want to switch it off till I get it looked at.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would start by disarming the interior sensors to see if they are at fault.

You can lock the car using the key without seting the alarm
Old 05-18-2007, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Busamav,May 18 2007, 12:42 AM
I would start by disarming the interior sensors to see if they are at fault.

You can lock the car using the key without seting the alarm
Yeah, I always turn off the interior sensors. Thing is, the indicators don't flash when the alarm goes off, it's just the siren.

Got the batter checked and seems to be fine. Will have to take it into honda tomorrow to get it sorted.

Will the alarm auto-arm itself if I lock the car with the key?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

When mine did this it was a knackered bonnet catch sensor
Old 05-19-2007, 05:40 AM

Got the report back from honda, bonnet catch sensor was sticking so they replaced it. Otherwise the alarm is fine, couldn't find a fault with it. Also got the interior sensors sensitivity turned down.

Quick Reply: More Alarm Issues