UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Misfitted mats

Old 10-03-2002, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfitted mats

Anyone had probs with badly fitted mats?
New GT came with driver's mat fitted in wrong place - dealer fitted new mat of different style, but still irritating on 26k car

Also, radio reception on FM poor until dealer fixed loose connector - makes you wonder about quality of PDI !
Old 10-03-2002, 03:12 PM

I've got what I think is the same problem. The dealer fitted what look like stock S2000 mats. They fit ok but the hole in the mat is not in the same place as the anchoring pin in the floor of the car.
I think the pin can be moved "it is a bit loose" or I could punch another hole through the mat. I've not got round to looking at it yet.
I'm considering getting some Muz Mats anyway so I might just leave it.

P.S. Welcome to the forum
Old 10-03-2002, 03:21 PM
RMJ

Fit of driver's side mat in my month old car is pretty poor behind the crossmember (just doesn't lie flat) , but I can't say its bothered me that much. More significant, albeit minor, irritations are missing bracket for driver's side Honda overmat (supplying dealer appears to have binned it rather than take trouble to fit it) and local dealer's inability to find part number to order a missing trim clip/button for centre console.
But despite pretty unimpressive performance of dealers, car is great, especially when ,and overall I've been pleased with build quality .
Hope your new mat has solved the problem.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by RMJ
Fit of driver's side mat in my month old car is pretty poor behind the crossmember (just doesn't lie flat) , but I can't say its bothered me that much. More significant, albeit minor, irritations are missing bracket for driver's side Honda overmat
I wish Honda hadn't fitted my mats - the person who did it left two 2 inch stanley knife cuts on the cross member above the mat - I will probably have to get some MUZ mats to hide the damage. Unfortunately I didn't spot the damage immediately - who would think that Honda could get fitting carpets wrong ?
Old 10-03-2002, 10:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all

The bracket for the Honda mat can be moved, but you will need some plastic plugs, as the hole for the screw is there, but the hole is too big. (go to the dealer, and get some FREE)

As for the cut in the carpet on the cross member. That was done at the factory. You will find that the carpet is cut in several places (but still tacked in the corners), as the bracket can be fitted in two positions. I would strongly suggest you all go for MUZ MATS

Dave
Old 10-04-2002, 12:08 PM

Dealer promptly refitted 2 brackets which now fit perfectly with newly supplied blue edged mats that match exterior colour - but yet to test properly as car too young to V-Tec

Euan
Old 10-05-2002, 04:07 AM

Originally posted by RMJ
Fit of driver's side mat in my month old car is pretty poor behind the crossmember (just doesn't lie flat) , but I can't say its bothered me that much....
That's because of a black box that is fitted under the carpet of UK-models (by Honda UK(?)) when the car gets the CAT-1 alarm fitted. Little effort is made to keep the wiring neat or prevent carpet bulges/ridges.