UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Meister R coilovers.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sanchi_ProjectR
Found this a while ago (skip the intro), this video shows you how to install coilovers on an S2000.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9k6LTUO6Sig
I love videos like these - always on a nice ramp using new car!

Quite a nice guide.

I wouldn't hit the ball joint with a hammer though - use a ball joint splitter.

However, you can even get the strut out without splitting it, but you will need to loosed the rear ARB mounts.

This may sound silly, but if your car is old, removing ball joints with split pins is a b'stard and maybe something you wish to avoid!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Originally Posted by Sanchi_ProjectR' timestamp='1323891720' post='21237204
Found this a while ago (skip the intro), this video shows you how to install coilovers on an S2000.

I love videos like these - always on a nice ramp using new car!

Quite a nice guide.

However, you can even get the strut out without splitting it, but you will need to loosed the rear ARB mounts.

This may sound silly, but if your car is old, removing ball joints with split pins is a b'stard and maybe something you wish to avoid!
You won't have to remove any ball joints,I don't know why you would have to loosen the rear ARB mounts, I didn't,but I would check with Meister
What the ride height is set at,and if you decide to lower it at all do it buy rotations of the lower mount...eg3.5 full rotations both sides.
Be careful because 1inch on the shock body becomes a lot more than that at the wheel,due to the lever arm effect,so to speak.From what I remember 1 full rotation is around 1mm I think,but I could be wrong.

Before you start if you get the chance put your car on level ground and measure from the ground to the middle of the wheel arch...do the same after.Then allow a few hundred miles to settle and do the same measurement. HTH
Old 12-15-2011, 02:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can have a measure how much thread there is under the adjustment nut on mine and tell you how much that has lowered the car if you want me to?
Old 12-15-2011, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WinFreak
I can have a measure how much thread there is under the adjustment nut on mine and tell you how much that has lowered the car if you want me to?
That would be great, thanks very much.

I didn't measure how much lower mine was when the Eibachs went on but I don't want to lower it any more than they do ideally. It's my DD so I'd like it lower than standard but still able to cope with speedbumps etc and not mean I have to get new arms/rack spacers etc etc.

My original plan was to measure the free length of the OE shocks when they came off but that won't work as the Meister R's will be a different spring rate I suspect so it'll sit higher loaded up.

I might just fit as-is and then adjust the height at TDI North on Monday when it's getting it's Geo done.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I fitted mine I put them on as they were set put of the box and the front was about -10mm, back -5mm approx.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Originally Posted by Sanchi_ProjectR' timestamp='1323891720' post='21237204

Ball joint splitters often bugger up the boot...a carefully applied hammer does not

Just make sure you lever down on the arm when using the hammer...it'll separate much easier.