UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

MB's modification thread...

Old 06-21-2010, 01:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MB,Jun 20 2010, 07:08 PM
Right i've got the seat to slide back and forwards nicely, and it doesn't touch the door anymore, but it does mean the front left seat bolt hole doesn't line up now. I am going to have to drill and tap a new hole in the floor pan for the front left seat rail bolt. It's because the bolsters are so wide they are pushing the rail in.

It's possible there is some adjustment I can do to make these buggers work, but i've got them set perfectly and i'd rather drill a hole in the floor tbh There's 4 there already!

I might release all the left hand side of the seat and see if I can push it over a bit. All worth it though!
IIRC the seat bolts are welded captive nuts so you may have a problem drilling the hole!
Maybe grind the nut off extend the hole and spread the load with some larger washers?

I had the same issue with the Cobra's and decide not to bother messing on.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by mikey k,Jun 21 2010, 09:40 AM
IIRC the seat bolts are welded captive nuts so you may have a problem drilling the hole!
Maybe grind the nut off extend the hole and spread the load with some larger washers?

I had the same issue with the Cobra's and decide not to bother messing on.
There is about 1/2 inch of soundproofing behind the carpet along the side of the tunnel, you could remove that for extra clearance.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:37 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Interesting Shopman. I thought it was solid behind there but might investigate when I remove it to fit the EDFC controller. It's actually the leather console bit it's clashing with though, rather than the carpet bit which is lower down.

Mikey, the seat holes go straight through the floor on at least 2 of them, which surprised me. The one I have an issue with the the front left leg one, which defintaelt goes straight through the floor. I'm only one bolt diameter out of position, so I think I can just go straight through the floor pan as per the OEM one. Just got to have a look under the car and make sure nothing is there, like a fuel line or somehting
Old 06-21-2010, 02:46 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

£50 on a CG lock beginning to look like a more sensible idea now?

http://store.cglockonline.co.uk/order/?app=performance
Old 06-21-2010, 02:53 AM
MB

Not a chance Simon!

I can't describe how amazing these seats are! It's definately up there as one of the best mods. Not just the holding you in part, the best bit is being able to feel so connected with the car. I'm trye squealing a lot more easily now becuase I know exactly waht the car is doing. Being lower in the car helps too.

They were easy to fit, didn't cost much, and all I really need to do is drill a small hole next to where there already is one.

Definately getting one for the passenger side.

You can have a try of it at Spa (drivers side)
Old 06-21-2010, 02:56 AM
UK Moderator

Definitely.

Good stuff, I look forward to a passenger ride.
MB

Drivers side for you

Originally Posted by MB,Jun 21 2010, 11:37 AM
Mikey, the seat holes go straight through the floor on at least 2 of them, which surprised me. The one I have an issue with the the front left leg one, which defintaelt goes straight through the floor. I'm only one bolt diameter out of position, so I think I can just go straight through the floor pan as per the OEM one. Just got to have a look under the car and make sure nothing is there, like a fuel line or somehting
Yep you are looking through the threaded hole of the captive bolt
Old 06-21-2010, 02:57 AM
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by MB,Jun 21 2010, 11:56 AM
Drivers side for you
Not if it's raining...But that would be great, thanks.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:00 AM
MB

Bit confused. I will go and look again, but through the front left bolt hole, you can see daylight and it looks like a full diameter hole?

Quick Reply: MB's modification thread...