UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

MB's modification thread...

Old 06-14-2010, 02:08 AM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

I would opt for a low pressure turbo rather than a supercharger, after a little debate this seems to offer the most flexible solution...

Save the money on the throttle body...
Old 06-14-2010, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have to agree there, the small greddy turbo would suit you down to the ground, having been on the track with jays greddy and a s/c s2000

ps yeah mark its grummbling away
Old 06-18-2010, 03:22 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok so I chose in the end.

It wasn't easy as every seat seems to have some sort of issue, and you just don't know what will or will nto work.

Thanks to advice from Redun, Polemecist and J8mie, I decided on the Buddy Club P1 seat. I wanted a Recaro SPG but I susepct it's too narrow for me. The Pole Position seemed to have a big issue with blocking access to to the seat belt clip too.

The Buddy Club P1 I went for is the larger size, so it's going to be a tight fit in the car (although a few people on here have managed it!)

I will detail the installation as usual, as it seems to be a very fiddly job.

Some pics...

Old 06-18-2010, 04:17 AM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Good choice, looking forward to seeing these in! Which rails are you using?
I was considering the the all-red ones!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you squeezed in that OK
Nicely finished as well!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:28 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Seeing how close you are to the Exige in terms of Spa lap times will be very interesting indeed.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:49 AM
MB

Yup i'm excited to find that out too Simon. I'm at Combe on Tuesday but will just be using the OEM tyres for that.

Nomad, Buddy Club rails

Mikey, it's a close buy comfy fit
Old 06-18-2010, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice choice Mark
Old 06-19-2010, 07:01 AM
MB

Ta Jay. All fitted now.

It's probably a 3 hour job fist time. The end result is very good overall, although I do feel that this seat is probably a bit too big for the S2000. You can see in the pics how it just touches the door, and it gives it a little nudge when you close it. The other issue is that where the left hand bolster is hard up against the centre tunnel, the seat won't adjust forwards now. Not a problem for me as it's in an optimum position and will adjust back, but the Doris can't drive the car now I'm going to see if I can get some sideways adjustment on it but that will cause further issue on door closing no doubt!

My fear about the seatbelt is gone now, that all works fine. It's a little tricky to get it in, but very easy to release it.

All in all, very happy. The actual seat itself is very nice and very solid. It's a perfect width for me at 5"11 and 33" waist (76kg) The BC seat rails give you tilt adjustment and therefore height too by adjusting the side mount brackets. It's now sat lower than OEM position so I can just about see the bonnet.

I will look at sitting in some other seats when i'm at Merlin Motorsport next week as I think there will be something which fits the car a little better but also the same width for sitting in.

So onto the install.

Here's what you get with the BC seat rail kit. 2 rails, 4 brackets and the bolts.

First step is to unbolt the OEM seat, there are 4 bolts, 2 front and 2 back. Loosen these off, then unclip the electical connector under the seat for the seat belt alarm.

Seat removed, look at all the loose change

Remove the seat belt clip...

Now after a lot of dicking about, I found the best method was to install the rails to the new seat, suss out what height it needs to be, then remove the rails and loosely bolt them into the car. I don't think there is any way you can install the seat and rails together, as there was always one bolt hole which wouldn't line up - especially the front left one. It's important to leave all bolts loose as you can actually get to them all with the seat in.

Also fit the seat belt clip which was removed earlier. This just bolts straight onto the rail.

In the above pic you can't see the side mounts fitted. The short ones go on the front and the longer ones at the back.

Then you just lower the seat onto the rails and manuever it so you get the holes in the side of the seat lined up with the side mount plates, and bolt up. I scraped the side of the seat coating doing this

Once you have it loosely positioned just start tightenng eveything up. I did the 4 floor mounting points first...

And that's it!

Old 06-19-2010, 07:23 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Now you need to get another one for the other side .....

How are you finding it so far?

Quick Reply: MB's modification thread...