UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

MB's latest modification thread...

Old 12-22-2011, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark, Why don't you just stop messing around, grow a pair and get yourself involved in some form of competition.

You clearly have the means to do so and I expect if you did it you'd wonder why you hadn't done it a while ago.

I mean that as friendly advice btw and not criticism

I could see you doing sprints/hill climbs or perhaps if Dixons idea of an S2000 series takes off..

If only I had the disposable that you seem to have..

(like I say, not having a pop, just planting a seed.. go for it lad, you only live once)
Old 12-22-2011, 01:58 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by OldDogmeat
Mark, Why don't you just stop messing around, grow a pair and get yourself involved in some form of competition.

You clearly have the means to do so and I expect if you did it you'd wonder why you hadn't done it a while ago.

I could see you doing sprints/hill climbs or perhaps if Dixons idea of an S2000 series takes off..

(like I say, not having a pop, just planting a seed.. go for it lad, you only live once)
Totally agree and i've looked into it. I've discussed it at length with Booktrack as Jonny felt I would do well in a Caterham series. I've given it a lot of thought and it's not something I can do this year really. My job is really unpredictable and i'm not going to be in a position for the next 2-3 years to say where I will be on a weekend. When I was doing the desert rotation thing it was the same, becuase if the race calendar fell on certain weekends, I may miss them all. I will do it someday soon though. For now, I enjoy fiddling with the car
Old 12-22-2011, 02:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I msged one of the Brian Crower dealer for a set of cams couple a days ago, They told me the cams are out of stock till February.

Oh and I wanted to ask you if you know the measurements of the PWJDM Full Underbody Diffuser thing. I am looking to make one of these for my s2k.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by MB
Originally Posted by OldDogmeat' timestamp='1324550584' post='21255863

Totally agree and i've looked into it. I've discussed it at length with Booktrack as Jonny felt I would do well in a Caterham series. I've given it a lot of thought and it's not something I can do this year really. My job is really unpredictable and i'm not going to be in a position for the next 2-3 years to say where I will be on a weekend. When I was doing the desert rotation thing it was the same, becuase if the race calendar fell on certain weekends, I may miss them all. I will do it someday soon though. For now, I enjoy fiddling with the car
Fair play Mark, as I say I wasn't having a go, just that you are clearly a huge enthusiast of actually 'driving' the car which seems to be becoming rare these days on here with more people seeming to be interested in just chavving the car up for no reason that I can understand.

Stanced, Flush... ??? It's a car.. for driving.. not an ornament, what's wrong with these people?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:25 AM
MB

Originally Posted by MPS2000
I msged one of the Brian Crower dealer for a set of cams couple a days ago, They told me the cams are out of stock till February.

Oh and I wanted to ask you if you know the measurements of the PWJDM Full Underbody Diffuser thing. I am looking to make one of these for my s2k.
Contact this guy, they have one set of Stage 2 left, even though it shows sold out. Tell him Mark B sent you

sales@pro-rev.com

It's the sales side of Brian Crower.

Don't have the diffuser measurements, sorry!
Old 12-22-2011, 03:30 AM
MB

Originally Posted by OldDogmeat
Originally Posted by MB' timestamp='1324551527' post='21255880
[quote name='OldDogmeat' timestamp='1324550584' post='21255863']

Fair play Mark, as I say I wasn't having a go, just that you are clearly a huge enthusiast of actually 'driving' the car which seems to be becoming rare these days on here with more people seeming to be interested in just chavving the car up for no reason that I can understand.

Stanced, Flush... ??? It's a car.. for driving.. not an ornament, what's wrong with these people?
[/quote]

No probs, I didn't take it that way. I'm sure people read this and think - why the f@#k are you pissing around with an S2000?! But I love the car, it's a joy to drive Trackdays are they on'y place you can enjoy cars now, and while it's not a race, it's fun to tweak. Agree on the hellaflush stuff, but I guess we're all wired up a bit different
Old 12-22-2011, 03:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Its a hobby, you enjoy it and get enjoyment out of it - nothing more needs to be said
Old 12-22-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by s2konroids
Its a hobby, you enjoy it and get enjoyment out of it - nothing more needs to be said

I love Hondas and they will always be in my blood. Admittedly, I have already started hunting for my racing car which will be Honda based. The thing is, because it's a racing car, i'll be able to go a bit mental with it and add features that have never been seen before that will make it faster.

And that is AT LEAST 50% of the fun

Keep it up Mark!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:40 AM
ge2

Time to add some balance (or an extreme view?), you're a bunch of fannies, you're letting him off the hook way too easy

Mark, you're at the 'making excuses' stage. There's nothing to stop you doing your ARDS test NOW and doing arrive drive as and when you can. There's loads of options available to you, you don't have to commit to buying car and doing a full season.

As long as you can occasionally plan a weekend a month or two in advance you'll be able to sort something out.

I've done bugger all racing this year and it's likely to be very erratic in the next but I'm still ACTUALLY DOING IT!!!

At the risk of sounding like a boring new parent, it's one of those things you have to do yourself to truly appreciate, it can and probably will change your motoring perspective. You may choose to carry on tinkering but you'll be doing it with a much better focus and understanding of what you're achieving.

As you said yourself, life is short
Old 12-23-2011, 04:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Could this be the most powerful N/A s2000 on here, maybe only biker1's car is more powerful.

Good show Mark.

Quick Reply: MB's latest modification thread...