UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

MB's latest modification thread...

Old 04-20-2011, 01:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Police don't seem to have a problem with my numberplate (touch wood ) they even took a photo of it @ 52MPH

FWIW, the DVLA are not aware of any adhesive plate meeting their regulations, but I do know that if it has the right spacing, is reflective, and is as near on a right angle, then it should be perfectly fine
Old 04-20-2011, 01:59 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
what i'd really have liked is an old ragged MY99 car which looked like a shed outside, and had lots of nice shiny bits hiding underneath
No idea what you're talking about,
Old 04-23-2011, 05:30 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Your car sprung to mind (joke)

R8, possibly some Rotas They will be kept by Bookatrack and put on for trackdays with the A048s on, and I can use OEM wheels with road tyres to ge there and back. If anything nice pops up in the meantime I will go for them, but given the current spend list is on the car (most would be totally shocked 0 and I could put it up for a laugh!) I need to cut back as i've had no use from the car whatsoever so far.

Chris / Lofty, ta for that. I might look into it. Not sure where it would fit on my car, as there isn't enough flat area on the front bumper I don't think, and I suspect there will be rules about the direction it's pointing! Where can you get them made?
Old 04-23-2011, 12:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a chat with Rob aka GuinessTU...pretty sure he sourced one whilst at JAE
Old 04-25-2011, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys .

Sorry for entering the discussion so late , but i only got the chance to read it now .

Just wanted to let you now that it's worth doing the combo using Honda parts for the K24 build.

I ve been running this set up for 7 months now and boy i m so happy with it .

Cheap set up and huge N/A gains . i managed to get 276hp and 190ft torque with my car .

The torque is amazing . it is totally another motor . Who does this system will never regret himself.

If you want i can supply you all the parts needed . The only good thing you need is a reputable machine shop . were you can grind the rods.

Please let me now if you require more information !
K-Pro
Eagle Rods
K24 Crankshaft
Mahle pistons
ACL Bearings
HKS 4-1 Header
Spoon clutch kit + Lightened Flywheel
J'S Racing Super Circuit muffler Cat Back System
276hp@190FT of Torque.
Quater mile 12.88@109.9 mph.

By the Way i live in malta it's a small country in europe next to italy

Signature:
Old 04-25-2011, 12:42 PM
MB

I think this is now something I need to know about

Will PM you. I've been reading about a US conversion in a Honda magazine. It looks like a difficult build but worth it. What is you redline at the moment?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by spo001
Hi Guys .

Sorry for entering the discussion so late , but i only got the chance to read it now .

Just wanted to let you now that it's worth doing the combo using Honda parts for the K24 build.

I ve been running this set up for 7 months now and boy i m so happy with it .

Cheap set up and huge N/A gains . i managed to get 276hp and 190ft torque with my car .

The torque is amazing . it is totally another motor . Who does this system will never regret himself.

If you want i can supply you all the parts needed . The only good thing you need is a reputable machine shop . were you can grind the rods.

Please let me now if you require more information !
K-Pro
Eagle Rods
K24 Crankshaft
Mahle pistons
ACL Bearings
HKS 4-1 Header
Spoon clutch kit + Lightened Flywheel
J'S Racing Super Circuit muffler Cat Back System
276hp@190FT of Torque.
Quater mile 12.88@109.9 mph.

By the Way i live in malta it's a small country in europe next to italy

Signature:
Seems like an awful lot of bother for 30bhp. And were you running slicks for the 1/4? Just that I know of lighter more powerful RWD cars that don't make those times.

More than that, you are quite a bit under-square and the crankshaft will be prone to a greater wobble at the RPM you have to run it at so I reckon on it monching through bearings. 2.2 seems to offer a good balance and is, obviously plenty proven.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:07 PM
MB

Could be at the wheels.

This and my last S managed 20-25 peak bhp more than standard with the right breathing mods and AEM.

The K24 engine conversion is becoming quite popular now. And I prefer that to strokering the car.

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/t...wap/index.html
Old 04-25-2011, 10:33 PM

Hey guys

My Red line is at 8,300 rpm . i can gather more power if i rev it up more , but the problem is that i will have the chance to have a rod failure . AS THE ROD RATIO IS NOT QUITE GOOD ON THIS MOTOR . But for the price spending on a stroker kit is a hell out worth it!

In regarding the 1/4 miles times , i used BF Goodrich DR's . Still did not manage to do good 60ft times (2.00)the truth is that the tires were used after the break in. I know people with a stock S2k can do a 1.86 times on DR's .So i bet with a better 60ft time will manage to run 12.6's.

I also now that i have a restriction in the inlet manifold as for that kind of cc you need to upgrade the TB. Mine is still stock as i did not want to spend money on a TB .

I just want to go direct with ITB'S (Jenvey)

Any how UK moderator ,any question i can help just post message me. No problem . Will be pleased to help you out.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by MB
Could be at the wheels.

This and my last S managed 20-25 peak bhp more than standard with the right breathing mods and AEM.

The K24 engine conversion is becoming quite popular now. And I prefer that to strokering the car.

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/t...wap/index.html
When you compare the F20C with the K24, you can easily see how much more superior the F20C is.

8300rpm on a K24 would be knocking on the door of 10,000rpm, if not more (I need to crunch the numbers) in an F20C.

The F20 will flow better too.

There is all this talk about F20Cs not being tuneable in terms of NA. I honestly don't believe it. eSeM fitted cams to his and had a good 15-20bhp gain.

And of all the ITB's I have seen, none of them have had a 2 stage injector setup which would be beneficial for higher RPM (like you see on modern bikes).

Quick Reply: MB's latest modification thread...