UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

MB's latest modification thread...

Old 03-09-2011, 09:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's some damn good figures esp torque .

Nothing wrong with mine, running sweet as nut since I finished tweaking it., love it :
Old 03-09-2011, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4 freak

The J's is the one where you need to do a slight bonnet chop from what i can bring back to the top of my head?

I was set on the PWDJDM but after a few threads i am really put off it now,

PS i seen the post by AdrainK about your old one and sent a PM Does it fit a DBW car fine? I looked at the install for a PWDJDM and they have two pretty diffrent installs and a diffrent setup for the 06-08

I am off over to the US side for more pictures of the J's

What sup with the PWDJDM intake if you don’t mine me asking? I will do my best with them to make sure the kit comes with hassle free fitting.

Mark - Is the diff still making the same noise or getting better now?

btw Nitrons said you kit should be ready to send me by 20th this month
Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Cheers Aj, it certainly flies, i'm quite surprised how quick it is. It's going to be a weapon on track.

Dixon, good news on the Nitrons Diff still a bit noisy, but driveable.

4x4freak, that PWJDM looks good to me.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:45 AM
MB

Next question is tyres...

I've got an 8" front and 9" rear as per the pic below:

I want to put A048s on there but unsure on sizes. I'd like to go 225/45/17 and 245/40/17 as I think 255 will be too big for the rear (too much rubber on the road) I think 225 on the front will be ok, although may rub a little.

Thoughts? Will they be streched on the wheels? What's the optimum tyre size for an 8" / 9" combination?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:06 AM

The yellow one we had is running 235/45/17 and 255/40/17, same offset. Fit perfect. Get wider tyres so need less camber and less toe = less drag so better MPG and longer tyre life.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:09 AM
MB

255 just feels like a lot of rubber on the road for a low powered car though?!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MB
Yes with J's or Mugen you need to dremel your bonnet skin. Not a big job just a bit scary the first time you do it

Not sure about DBW. Suspect it will be fine, and there may already be a hole in it for the intake temp sensor which DBW cars have.
Cheers Mark,

Sounds like a good day,

Originally Posted by Dixon Motorsports
What sup with the PWDJDM intake if you don’t mine me asking? I will do my best with them to make sure the kit comes with hassle free fitting.
From what i can gather:

Very poor fitting, Vibrates, Poor Hardware, Still needs a bonnet trim, in some cases even more, Pressing against the AC Lines, For the price it should be spot on but its not, I know its had a update and some things have been fixed but i am just not willing to chuck almost £1000 on a intake thats like this unless the update is proven, And i as yet cannot see any evidence of this,

Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by 4x4 freak
Cheers Mark,

Sounds like a good day,

From what i can gather:

Very poor fitting, Vibrates, Poor Hardware, Still needs a bonnet trim, in some cases even more, Pressing against the AC Lines, For the price it should be spot on but its not, I know its had a update and some things have been fixed but i am just not willing to chuck almost £1000 on a intake thats like this unless the update is proven, And i as yet cannot see any evidence of this,

Ok I will pass your info to Password, thanks for the information. Cutting bonnet is not avoidable tho same as other BIG intake kit but I am sure all the other issue should be easy fix. I know the guy from Password they are really passionate about all their products(you should see their highend products for Lambo, Ferrari..etc), I am sure they will improve it until is perfect.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mark, that will be so much fun to drive N/A power it will be a weapon on the track, gear will help you in tight corners too.

4x4, I heard that the PWDJM is actually a very good performer by a guy that really tests his stuff with figures to back it up, initially people thought it was just bling. I believe PW fixed fitment issues now though?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:37 AM
MB

You should get to the Anglesey day, Irv.

Quick Reply: MB's latest modification thread...