UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

MB's latest modification thread...

Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Aj it's temporary until the J's one arrives, as per above It's the one for the type s bumper so it comes with the snorkel for the hole in the bumper. But yep, a snorkel would work nicely.

Adrian, eBay new, 3 days
Old 03-08-2011, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great gap for that snorkel

I was wondering whether the AUT cooling plate was effective or if a snorkel makes a noticeable difference given that it takes air straight from the front. Any views?

Here is the AUT with the K&N

http://www.honda-tech.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=11

and here is an example of the snorkel...

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...roducts_id=797
Old 03-08-2011, 06:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What made you go for the J's Intake Mark?

Good gains,Well made or just to go with the Bumper?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

It's the only one he hasn't tried yet?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:38 PM
MB

No i've had one before UF AdrainK now has it

It wouldn't have fit my car though.

The reason for going with the J's is two fold... One is that it fit's the bumper I have, and is a superb direct horizontal channel for air into the filter. Second is that I firm'y believe J's Racing are the dogs bollocks (their stuff really is superb and race tested)

Hammy, will take a look later
Old 03-09-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by unclefester
It's the only one he hasn't tried yet?

Originally Posted by MB
No i've had one before UF AdrainK now has it

It wouldn't have fit my car though.

The reason for going with the J's is two fold... One is that it fit's the bumper I have, and is a superb direct horizontal channel for air into the filter. Second is that I firm'y believe J's Racing are the dogs bollocks (their stuff really is superb and race tested)

Hammy, will take a look later
The J's is the one where you need to do a slight bonnet chop from what i can bring back to the top of my head?

I was set on the PWDJDM but after a few threads i am really put off it now,

PS i seen the post by AdrainK about your old one and sent a PM Does it fit a DBW car fine? I looked at the install for a PWDJDM and they have two pretty diffrent installs and a diffrent setup for the 06-08

I am off over to the US side for more pictures of the J's
Old 03-09-2011, 08:34 AM
MB

Yes with J's or Mugen you need to dremel your bonnet skin. Not a big job just a bit scary the first time you do it

Not sure about DBW. Suspect it will be fine, and there may already be a hole in it for the intake temp sensor which DBW cars have.

On another note, today has been a good day

I couldn't make the Mase meet to map my car, but managed to get a slot with Romain from Eurospec2000 in Surrey today. Got a 70mm decat fitted by them before hand too, just to make sure I have the best gas flow possible. Couple of hours on the dyno and my car is now flying! He really is good, and i've used him twice now. Highly recommended for mapping (if anyone tells you otherwise drop me a PM)

The combination of the 4.44 gears and the breathing mods and mapping is amazing. The car feels a lot sharper and quicker than my last S.

The noise from the car on VTEC is obscene too Off VTEC or part throttle the car is probably as quiet as an OEM one. I'm really pleased with this as it took me a long time to research the exhaust options. I hate loud exhausts, and though thought of a 70mm ASM single was fairly daunting at first. It's just brilliant. Quiet as OEM / Mugen when you want it to be, and loud on VTEC.

I'm also pleased with the K&N intake, and may keep it now...

Some nice pics to come this weekend, then it's on hold for a few weeks and back to DMS for suspension work.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:43 AM

First time I heard my K&N on the dyno was scary, I was stood right next to it and no ear defenders.

Have your finished running in the diff now

Oh we need numbers and the graph.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Happy you got want you wanted Mark , seemed to have worked out well for you. So the K&N isnt a heatsoaking/power loosing intake as people thought?

Any dyno charts?

This Romain chap seems good
Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 AM
MB

Aj, cheers, it seems to be pretty good wrt to intake temps. I would get a J's snorkle as a minimum, and i'd like to do a little mod to the airbox. I just love the noise though Romain is good and very reasonable on price. Anything happening on yours?

Ninbolts, Dyno graphs I will have to scan at some point. Not really that interesting as I had nothing to compare them to on the Eurospec dyno. I decided there was no point in a "before" run as the map it was running wasn't for that car. I think a standard S comes in about 175 whp on their dyno, and mine is 200, or 240 atf. Comment was that it's the highest powered NA S2000 he'd seen. Torque was also 170 lbs/ft which was nice.

Most important thing is that it pulls very hard.

Quick Reply: MB's latest modification thread...