UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

MB's latest modification thread...

Old 03-02-2011, 06:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MB - You still going to the Mase tune?

What day and time?

Would love to have a sit in the Buddyclubs if you dont mind,

I want that Manifold,

Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi, should be there Friday am, although the car will be without me Welcome to try the seats, or pop down here and have a go. They are a pita to fit but I can give pointers.

Adrian, did you have the J's 70RS when were round at mine? That was fairly offensive, but nice I've heard the J's 70 in Singapore and it is nice, so if the ASM doesn't float my boat before long I will think about a change. Cost me a bloody fortune though so will try and keep it

Pic of the Cusco brace...

Old 03-02-2011, 11:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

secks on a plate.

CAN I HAZ PLS
Old 03-03-2011, 03:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
Installed a Spoon venturi TB today... throttle cable was a tiny bit too tight, and got a fright when it rev'd to 4000 on startup

I haven't looked at your build thread in a while and just noticed this. That is chuffing gorgeous!

I'm still learning about engine mods so have to ask two really stupid questions. Why does it look lit up inside and how does the noise from it compare to an intake?
Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by feck_on_a_stick
I haven't looked at your build thread in a while and just noticed this. That is chuffing gorgeous!

I'm still learning about engine mods so have to ask two really stupid questions. Why does it look lit up inside and how does the noise from it compare to an intake?
Noise I would imagine is the same. I think its possible you have the wrong idea what the device is, this is a throttle body which is midway between the intake manifold and the induction box. All cars have throttle bodies, if you remove the rubber piping to the induction (or possibly aluminium on your car if its been modified) then you will find the throttle body hiding behind it. Effectively this is a restriction point by diameter for how much are can be pushed (FI) /sucked (N/A) through it at any given time, so what MB has done is get one with a larger diameter allowing a larger volume/cubic capacity to go through. You can run your car like the picture but that would be insane as nothing would be filtered so you could get all types of dirt inside the engine. MB took a picture like this just to show the throttle body, normally it will look like this:

Regarding the lighting; Its lit up because he must have had his garage door open and the sun light is reflecting off it.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:16 AM

Doh! Makes sense now ta.

Yeah I did get confused.

I've seen ITBs on a friend's Toyota silvertop with nice trumpets on them and thought they sound amazing.......heads off now to read up on differences
Old 03-03-2011, 06:03 AM

No MB I had the buddy club on then, the j's is a LOT quieter at idle and below VTEC than that one, and roughly similar in VTEC.
Inside the car at motorway cruising speed it is almost OEM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 PM
MB

Hi Mr Feck, as Joeh described it really! The throttle body i've fitted probably doens't do much other than a bit better throttle response, but I got it at a good price and always wanted to try one.

Adrain, sounds good. Mine seemed to be abit louder today, which is nice.

Got the 4.44 Gear X diff fitted today by Dixon @ DMS. Quite a fiddly job but nicely done.

Sounds awful while it's bedding in, but i'm assured it will improve shortly! I can't hammer it while it's bedding in but i'm very impressed with the torque increase.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:06 PM
MB

Old 03-03-2011, 01:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How are you finding the gears do you like them?, good choice on the 4.44's Mark.

IIRC i bedded the gears in for around 500miles (in heat cycles) and never went above 4k rpm, after 500miles and replaced the diff fluid and well the rest is history it didn't cause me any problems.

Did you fit new shims?, or just fit the ring and pinion? - probably overkill for your low mileage car, i had the lot changed when i fitted my FD.

If its whining now, it will either gradually get better or stick (IMO)- I'm not saying dixon hasn't done a good job, just it could be a characteristic or not shimmed/backlash 'quite' right.

Quick Reply: MB's latest modification thread...