UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Mase Visit

Old 12-26-2011, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is robs just cheap you could also have a 9500 rpm redline Mase likes this
Mase what psi can you put my full blown / kings performance stage 3 kit with gt3076r 82ar up to on stock engine .
What are you doing regarding this now, what have you decided regarding the tuner, did you take my advice ?? Prob not lol or has your tuner decided on a figure, safe is not more than 0psi if he has no idea but a good safe tune will be around 12psi, near on 400 whp (470bhp) area and about 250+ torque maybe
Old 12-26-2011, 06:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phils2k

Yes it is robs just cheap you could also have a 9500 rpm redline Mase likes this
Mase what psi can you put my full blown / kings performance stage 3 kit with gt3076r 82ar up to on stock engine .
What are you doing regarding this now, what have you decided regarding the tuner, did you take my advice ?? Prob not lol or has your tuner decided on a figure, safe is not more than 0psi if he has no idea but a good safe tune will be around 12psi, near on 400 whp (470bhp) area and about 250+ torque maybe
Phil its been in the garage for a month now bushes siezed new gearbox 3" downpipe full 3" exhaust, brakes arch work,ect ect ect £££££ But there happy with it .Yes a safe tune will be done

,https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/917...eet-run-video/ Have a look at this stock engine
Old 12-26-2011, 06:22 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by phils2k
What he does do is tune the s2000 very well, there are many tuners over here that say they an tune the s2000 but yet have I seen one with a good map,
I have to point out that the Uk isn't totally devoid of decent mappers for the S2000, but they are very rare! I only know 2. I've had my last S mapped by Mase, and it ran great. Big difference. My current S mapped elsewhere as I couldn't fit in with a Mase visit, and also ran great. It's clear Mase has the most experience on the S2000 though. I've heard complaints about a couple of Uk mappers, one seems fair, the other due to someone not getting the dyno number they wanted, which is just a lack of knowledge by the owner and an unfair comment.

But that's all for another thread

Anyone who wants some good NA numbers, take a look at the thread I linked above. IMO the AEM is worth it, and if you get Mase to bring it, it saves pennies.

I won't need mapping at this time, but hopefully can come along and say hello.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:42 AM

But why is mapping an S more difficult than mapping any other car? End of the day you're just squirting in fuel and changing ignition timing for best burn times/vs AFR/vs not detting. If a tuner can do this on one car, surely within reason they can do it on any?

Does the F20C have some issues that make it different to mapping any other engine, then?
Old 12-26-2011, 01:40 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Bit more to it than that, especially when you are doing closed loop and part throttle mapping, plus adjusting fuel trims for cold starts etc. The proof is that mine starts the same at -5 as it does at 25 deg c. You hear of lots of cars which don't. Theres also setup of cooling fans and all sorts of other calibrations. Granted a base map can be used and tweaked, but it can go wrong in the wrong hands. Experience also counts when stuff starts going wrong!

The second major part is the product itself. There's lots of good Ecutek mappers out there, but AEM is mostly used by Honda owners and it's not a widely used product. So there's less experience.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The S isn't any different than any other car, but as said there are good and bad tuners. As Mark said there more to partial throttle but it's worth it, and also it isn't just mase who can give a good tune in the UK as mark has found out with romain but there probably isn't many. Mase is respected,trusted and gets good results.

I've seen some shocking tunes from other people coming in, one c20let in a corsa the other month went flat at the top end, bad thing the guy paid good money.

Getting a smooth tube is time consuming and takes more effort experience. What I don't like is some tuners who sail far too close to wind.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please keep me a slot for a meth re-tune- not sure which day yet though
Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 AM

Just noticed this thread so will endeavour to get the car ready, as I missed out in November!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:18 PM

The new clutch is in, so need to bed it in and get the other goodies fitted!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Banned

Razzele, keep me in the loop when you get back from your holiday!

what goods are going on Mr. Kawasakivtec's car??

Today is pretty much the last day I can order goods as I fly to UK on thursday! If anyone needs anything please let me know.

I'll see some of you on the 20th and 21st.

There are still spots left if you want to sign up, just PM me

Mase

Quick Reply: Mase Visit