UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Manchester area; Car jacking.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelk,Dec 9 2005, 02:48 PM
I believe that there is a system called blackjack which is exactly this Tebs

You hide the buttons somewhere on the car and each tiume you start the ignition you tap in a button code / pattern.

If someone jacks your car they get to drive about 300 yds before it immobilises the engine IIRC
The friend I have with the R32 was car jacked in the High Wycombe area - you are right to be wary of this area, I own a flat there and a week after I converted it to a rental property someone was shot about 100 metres away. High Wycombe is nasty.

The first car jackikng of the R32 was prevented by the BlackJack/Clifford system - the car jackers got a few hundred yards down the road and the car stopped. Seriously contemplating putting it on the S myself - it does operate every time you open the car door, but not too big a hassle
Old 12-10-2005, 04:03 AM

Why are they allowed to get away with it though?

G is correct in that if you want something done about it you can only rely on yourself or contacts. But it shouldn't be like this.

Why are the criminals the ones treated like victims the whole bloody time?!
Old 12-19-2005, 12:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is that when you live is a so called "posh area" there is always a scummy hell hole of a ghetto 5 mins drive either side of you!

I live in Worsley which is north west M/cr this is classed as a "posh area" but we have Little Hulton one side & Winton/trafford park the other. similar my mum lives not for from Fieldl in lower stretton which is like the TV programme Heartbeat but you still get serious crime round there, because of the "rich pickings"!!!

One product I have seen which is like the Blackjax but better is a product from Sumo Power which is called something like anti-jax!?! its a little pressure pad which fits under the cushion on your seat and if you get out of the car under 3-5 mins after starting it the car shuts down and sets the alarm off.

Andy (proud to me manc )
Old 12-19-2005, 01:41 AM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

there's one where you carry some id card or something and when you leave the car it stalls within 250 yards or something. that sounded quite tempting to me.

or the desert eagle point five o. that's gotta be a deterrent and you can pick one up in canada quite cheap according to my mate out there..
Old 12-19-2005, 08:55 AM

a sad part to this is that us, Joe public, law abiding citizens have no power what so ever to protect our ownselves/property/loved ones. the authorities want us to back down and curl up in a ball and it spirals out of control. i bet many police officers dont even feel safe on the beat nowdays, and those who do carry means to compete with what the criminals on the street have readily available (guns guns guns) cant even use them without fear of being treated as a criminal themselves!

Now......

would these guys be trying to kick that front door down to stick a gun or knife in some poor buggers face and steal the keys to their Scooby Imprezza and still be confident in doing so if they had any inclination that ''joe public COULD very well be able to defend himself LEGALLY with a 9mm beretta on the other side of that door....??? maybe he wouldnt want to kick that door down anymore, unless he really did have some serious mental issues...

i just think that we dont have a chance to defend ourselves, and the criminal, big and small can '' rule the street'' quite easily these days people scared of guns need to think, joe public with a gun isnt going to become the next criminal on the street, the criminals can still easily get those guns.... we have nothing to do but hide.. the police can only control limited situations.

Im hoping that these situations never dawn onto anymore of this community...

take care and keep a eye open
Old 12-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Banned

There's no way to win. You punch f*ck out of them YOU get charged. You curl up in a ball you will end up stabbed/shot and the same for your wife/girlfriend.

Personally I'd rather stab them first. It's a shocking thing to say I know, but I'm not willing to take the chance, and the law cannot protect me.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:41 AM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

well thats the thing.. the law needs to protect you. we don't want an american society where every other chav is tooled up with a gun.

so the law needs to be hard.

repeat offenders should be executed, thereby removing them from the gene pool.. it may be too late in some cases but it's needed.

and for other crims the punishment should be harsh.. and if you fight back you should ALWAYS get off.. no matter what you did.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:53 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

They'll probably re-introduce capital punishment - for speeders & smokers, or something.

Theft is re-distribution of wealth, man.

(Nope - still don't get it either.)
Old 12-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

are there no bleeding heart liberals here (or lawyers) that can explain why the overwhelming majority seem to preceive that punishments do not fit the crime?

I don't mean amputations for shoplifting. I mean the all too common scenarios where repeat uninsured drivers get sub-
Old 12-19-2005, 10:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm neither of those Gad and I can offer no answers of any worth but after spending a few years reading about law, my confusion is even greater.

A number of more recent writers (Dicey and his crew) through history along side the evolution of law from the magna carta days and earlier seem to base law upon the reparation to society and retribution of the individual, etc. but like you, in a lot of cases we see, there is little of either.

I can only think that some of the decision makers are influenced by factors outside of our normal lives, ie, what they see, in happy land, creates a thought process that is removed from what real life sees.

Labour isn`t helping things either. I know there are supposed separations between the two but the government and its reforms are not really making anything better.

Maybe after another year reading the books it will make more sense - but I doubt it.

I'll finish with don't try and make sense of it because I don`t think there is any to be made.

Quick Reply: Manchester area; Car jacking.