UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Lowering springs confusion height etc.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lowering springs confusion height etc.

So, I've spent a bomb on some secret bits for my S will create a new thread in time.

I thought i would see how i get on with springs as round here coilovers will drop the car too low due to speed bumps etc and thought I'll see the car reacts.

Previously i had swift springs on my old S and the car sat lovely and handled great, however with my new AP2 S I'm a bit confused with wheel arch gaps.

I can't remember if standard the front of the car had more wheel arch gap that the rear?, I've put two sets of different springs on the car, first (some shit off ebay - wont go there) and its now currently sitting on teins -16mm rear, -17mm front, however the wheel arch gap on the front is the more than the rear.

Is this normal with Ap2's?.

Cheers
Old 07-25-2013, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you given them time to settle? Usually springs sit high for a hundred miles or so.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Most spring kits these day's drop the rear more than the front, H&R and maybe swift drop the front slightly more than the rear, putting in a small amount of wedge,
Old 07-25-2013, 10:37 AM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Import costs from the US must have been huge for a car .
Old 07-25-2013, 10:39 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIPPO
Import costs from the US must have been huge for a car .
I know what he means
Old 07-25-2013, 10:42 AM

How do you find the 2.2?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They've had more than enough time to settle and asked if they have been loaded properly on the front i.e not tighten up when up arm in the air.

You guys, you know what i mean.

Facelifted S then!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
Most spring kits these day's drop the rear more than the front, H&R and maybe swift drop the front slightly more than the rear, putting in a small amount of wedge,
A front 'rake' in my opinion is desirable, I think the gap should be lower at the front so the car dips forwards (looks a bit like under braking). H&R springs do this, and in fact so do my KONIs'

I can just get one finger on it's side between my tyre and the front arch, on the rear almost two side by side but not fully, that is my measurement ... although fingers differ slightly you get the idea I just went out to check and I can't actually get two in side by side at the rear, so approx 1.5 fingers at the rear and one finger at the front ......

So I went out again with a ruler, its too difficult to measure but approximates 17mm at the rear 12mm at the front, and looks fantastic if I do say so myself.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:20 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by s2konroids
So, I've spent a bomb on some secret bits for my S will create a new thread in time.

I thought i would see how i get on with springs as round here coilovers will drop the car too low due to speed bumps etc and thought I'll see the car reacts.

Cheers
Not sure that makes sense, gay boy? Most decent coilovers are adjustable in height...

PS good to see you've been suitable abused about your 'AP2'
Old 07-25-2013, 05:11 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
Originally Posted by s2konroids' timestamp='1374776929' post='22687056

Cheers
Not sure that makes sense, gay boy? Most decent coilovers are adjustable in height...

PS good to see you've been suitable abused about your 'AP2'
I agree! AP2 is a noob mistake! Have you been hanging around on the US forum

Was the springs clearly marked front and rear?

You need coilovers really mate (IMO). Eibach spring get good reviews on here though.

Quick Reply: Lowering springs confusion height etc.