UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Llandudno Honda

Old 10-04-2004, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Llandudno Honda

My S went in for its first 9k service a few days ago and I requested that attention be given to the squeeks and rattles from the soft top when travelling over rough roads. I even produced for them a copy of HONDA Service Bulletin 03-023 which outlines the proceedure.

Went off to MM1 and the rattles squeeks are still there when the hood is up.

Back to Dealer today and complained. Service Manager is having it in again to do the work that has definitely not been done (packing missing).

Makes me wonder if the Service was done properly.

Engineer (?) responsible has since left the Dealership so maybe he just couldn't have cared less on his last days!

As AE will tell you I am the wrong person to upset and I will certainly get my pound of flesh on this occasion!!
Old 10-04-2004, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adrian you seem to have the right mental focus there, just don't take a half-ar$ed attempt at a solution.

I would also question the QA on the service and ask them to validate their work
Old 10-04-2004, 12:02 PM

"Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Marcus Tullius Cicero"

Cool signature. I am saying nothing. .....Unless pressed or till the urge becomes irresistable.

d
Old 10-04-2004, 11:57 PM

Adrian, is that the one near ASDA? If so, we went in there asking about S's and just got blank looks 'We have a catalogue sir!'.

Pah!
Old 10-05-2004, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I dont think they'd sold an S until my old man bought one! Their allocation is like 1 a year. Well it is pensioner city isnt it (they only stocked RNBP
Old 10-05-2004, 01:12 AM

Town, mate, town. Don't give them any illusions of grandeur!

Old 10-05-2004, 01:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sammyc,Oct 5 2004, 08:57 AM
Adrian, is that the one near ASDA? If so, we went in there asking about S's and just got blank looks 'We have a catalogue sir!'.

Pah!
First time I went in to enquire about an S, the salesman said that he knew all about Audi but not about Hondas!!! The Owners (Pentraeth Automotive) have franchises for a number of different makes and they only took over this dealership a couple of years earlier - plenty of time I would have thought! The sales staff seem to have been recruited from their other franchises so little wonder they know nothing!

Allocation is only 2 a year and these probably finish up at other dealerships. Only 4 in this area mine, S1 MON, Glen on nearby estate (bought in Chester) and a blonde from somewhere near with a V reg. Obviously Llandudno Honda don't have healthy sales of the S, maybe that's why I got such a good deal!!! Ha Ha!

I'll get the service side sorted out!

The Service Manager is young and keen but was not there on the day mine went in.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:54 AM

Hey Adrian, do you know the one that is out near Marl Hall? Near the obelisk (I think that's what it's called).
Old 10-05-2004, 04:40 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

sammy what's your connection to NW?
Old 10-05-2004, 05:02 AM

Hey! You keep that quiet!!!!

The bird's from Llandudno so in the past ten years I've spent more time than I want to admit there. V. nice area as long as you stay out of Llandudno!

Just my opinion though.

Bird's mum lives v. near an S, never seen it myself but her husband is very into cars and says its a local. He drives an orange MGB and was down our way when the MG meet was on that Adrian popped up at, he got very confused when I seemed to know more about it than him. Heh heh!

Quick Reply: Llandudno Honda