UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Limited Life Diff

Old 02-23-2006, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was that aimed at me?
Old 02-23-2006, 05:44 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelly,Feb 23 2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the advice on the oil. I'll definitely try to check that, although not sure how. Somehow "Are you idiots putting the right oil in my diff?" doesn't sound tactful enough.
Secret is, not to say it like that. Simply ask an open question.

"What oil do you put in the diff on my S2000?"

Dependent on their answer you can then probe more

"What make and grade, specifically"

"Could you show me the bottle?"

Old 02-23-2006, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by alex.stanley,Feb 23 2006, 02:41 PM
Was that aimed at me?
Nope.

Nelly for thinking about a Mustang!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:24 AM

It's not me. It's my colleagues who are trying to brainwash me into buying one. I'd be more inclined to get a 645 convertible (if they were about
Old 02-23-2006, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Nelly,Feb 23 2006, 03:24 PM
It's not me. It's my colleagues who are trying to brainwash me into buying one.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:58 AM

Well you've convinced me. Definitely not a Mustang then.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:09 AM

Old 02-23-2006, 08:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you go into the dealer next ask themfor a copy of your vehicle history. They'll keep a record of the number of times work has been carried out on the car and when. This is for your own records and reference.

Get ALL of the work done by Honda and preferably the same dealer now that it's had so many problems through what is apparently the same route cause. If you start going outside the dealer network then you'll make things a LOT more complicated down the line. Since it's still in warranty and not costing you anything (I think I'm right from what I read) stay within the network. It'll mean all your history is documented and you'll get more support from Honda down the line.

Start mentioning about the number of times it gone wrong and start getting pushy with the dealer about the number of times it's gone wrong. The car was not sold suitable for the purpose and you'd like them to buy it back. Two reasons for this; 1. Once you start banging on about compensation they'll start taking you more seriously.
2. Honda UK will have to start getting involved to get to a resolution

If this doesn't work then you'll have to start contacting Honda Uk yourself. This is why it's very useful to have the copy of the vehicle service history for reference. When speaking to them stay polite but be firm and clear with what you want. They'll have an idea of whether it's a dealer problem or manufacturing fault (even if they don't know the root cause) and you don't want to have them on the defensive against you. You want them on the offensive against the dealer (Honda Dealers are loyal to their business, Honda UK are loyal to brand generally if that makes sense so if a dealers making a pigs ear they'll give them a roasting).

At the end of the day you want a car thaat works and is reliable. You want them to either fix it or replace the car. I'd make it clear that if the vehicle is not fixed this time and it goes wrong you want a replacement for it since that will be the 5th (?) failure if it goes wrong again.

I cannot ephasise how stongly you should NOT go outside of the dealer network at the moment. You're more likely to get a resolution to your satisfaction if you do since all the work has been done by someone who is liable to Honda, they'll be capable of verifying the work and the history is far clearer if there's further problems in the future
Old 02-23-2006, 08:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And having just re-read that I've just realised how appauling my grammer is when typing
Old 02-23-2006, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by GTFCTIM,Feb 23 2006, 02:53 PM
Nope.

Nelly for thinking about a Mustang!
Apologies - feeling a bit sensitive today

Quick Reply: Limited Life Diff