UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Like Pulp Fiction - what you call a moral dilemma

Old 12-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Like Pulp Fiction - what you call a moral dilemma

This is all true, but precise details have been changed or kept vague for obvious reasons. I wouldn't have bothered to post, but since it's apparently OK to joke about wheels being more important than human life, I thought I would share this.

I ain't a wind-up. I don't do wind-ups.

A while ago, sometime in the last month, but not in the last two days, someone cut me up. Badly.

In essence they were behind a car on a slip, joining the road I was already on, which had at least two lanes. I was doing around 60mph (NSL applies there) .

I move to the outside lane to allow the joiner(s) to enter the main road. First in line does this, but the car behind also decides to immediately overtake the car in front as it goes into the n/s lane.

They do this at speed and in such a way that I cannot brake or accelerate out of trouble and I have their o/s front wing approaching my passenger door at speed.

I can only brake AND swerve to the right, because there's no armco, which puts me on the grass, heading towards a substantial roadsign.

As much by luck than judgement (my advice is get your feet off everything and minimise steering input ), I miss it and get back on the road behind the offending vehicle. This is an expensive vehicle, with an 'expensive' looking driver.

They pull to the n/s and I draw alongside and call across "you effing twat, you coulda killed me!".

Response? I get the finger and a ' you' laugh.

This is a bad mistake. Gad roused is not Gad scared.

However, said driver obviously thinks they have a plan, takes a quick left exit that I can't make and disappears. But I know that road............

So five minutes later I have located said vehicle.

You have a constraint. No face to face. For all sorts of reasons.

But easy vengeance is within easy reach, at a time of my choosing and with no risk of detection.

Would you?

Old 12-11-2004, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be VERY tempted, to fill a water pistol full of brake fluid... but in the end I would be the bigger man and walk away.

What goes around comes around, he'll get his I'm sure with no help from me.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:11 AM

Could you not just report this to the police ? Most likely nothing would come of it, but you might feel a sense of satisfaction which you wouldn't if you did nothing.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:12 AM

I've no doubt you've plenty of ideas about 'what' - it's trying to get the 'why' across which is the poser.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:30 AM

I would.

I won't hijack your thread too much but I was parked on a main road waiting for my wife to get back to the car. I was half blocking an entry to an office building private car park at 9pm. A car approached from my right and was turning into this car park which I was blocking. I started the car up and was about to move away so they could get in but the driver was impatient and drove over the kerb and into the car park while shouting at me and giving me the finger. He then came out with his mate and approached me and swore at me calling me the 'paki' name, I'll kill you, I will cut your throat and all sorts. I didn't respond. When he was out of sight and in the bar I went to his car and let out all the air from all four tyres. I know I could have done worse to his car. I am many things but not a criminal. Felt great too.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rahula,Dec 11 2004, 01:30 PM
I went to his car and let out all the air from all four tyres.
Good for you. What a dick he sounds.

Quite a good reprisal too as no long term damage - just feckin inconvenient - esp as he was obviously in a hurry.

Chris - you surely know me better than that

Mike - the 'why' is an irrelevance - I wasn't planning a coaching session
Old 12-11-2004, 05:11 AM
ADP

do it, as long as it doesnt cause him serious harm/damage etc something along the lines of rahulas would be fine by me
Old 12-11-2004, 05:26 AM
Banned

would it make any difference if they were..........

black?
female?
handicapped?
all three?

Old 12-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Banned

or

Irish?
Ugly?
Nasty?
Male?
All four?

or any other profile that deserves 'special treatment'?

after all, a finger is a finger, it says a lot.

Old 12-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I wouldn't let it bother me.

Quick Reply: Like Pulp Fiction - what you call a moral dilemma