UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Leaving the roof down whilst parking.

Old 04-11-2004, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaving the roof down whilst parking.

I know it only takes 10 seconds to put up however if you have the tonneau cover on it takes a lot longer.

How do you alarm the car with the roof down?

I have nothing to nick in the cotpit. Apart from maybe the tax disc. What if someone nicks your tax disc? Do you have to buy another or will the DVLA send you a replacement?
Old 04-11-2004, 09:23 PM

Im pretty sure you can get a new tax disk, as they are car/reg specific, and although transferable to another vehical, I believe you need proof of ownership of the vehical you're transfering it from.

Ive armed my alarm with the roof down just as normal, and it hasnt gone off or anything, the way the sensors point is quite low into the car, so should only pick up things going on inside it.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:34 PM

buy an MY04 and get the microwave alarm then leaving the roof down is no problem.....

....but it doesn't stop drunkards pi$$ing in it of course so be careful.

MJI
Old 04-11-2004, 11:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by mjirvine
buy an MY04 and get the **microwave alarm** then leaving the roof down is no problem.....
I had one of them in my 2cv (true) it was shit in that. Temps screwed it non stop - wait until summer.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:13 AM

Mr Carper.

My Clifford Microwave alarm worked fine all through last summer. Perhaps you had a faulty/poor unit.

Putney

I have no experience of the Honda standard alarm. My car is an import from Europe and, hence, came alarmless. I had a Clifford alarm fitted which has a 'dual zone' microwave system protecting the open cockpit. The outer zone triggers a warning buzz and the inner zone sets the alarm proper off. It works quite well, though I need to adjust the sensitivity of each of the two zones at the moment.

I did, however, have problems with the Clifford unit
Old 04-12-2004, 12:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by XBy2K
Mr Carper.

My Clifford Microwave alarm worked fine all through last summer.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:31 AM

My honda alarm does go off if I leave the hood down, with the standard Honda unit, what you do is arm the alarm as normal then within 5 seconds press the arm button again, this disables the ultrasonics.

Works on mine anyway, though the number of times I have used this feature can be counted on one hand, too scarey

A 2cv with an alarm
Old 04-12-2004, 12:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ian_km

A 2cv
Old 04-12-2004, 01:03 AM

I never leave the roof down unless I can see the car. A friend of a friend did that and found a big sh*t on the drivers seat of his MG when he got back. With the roof down, lowlifes can throw rubbish or fag ends into the car, birds can sh*it on the interior, warm weather = dust so that will blow into the car and the sun bleaches and damages the leather. For the sake of six seconds, it aint worth the risk, or the extra cleaning time.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:10 AM

Couldn't agree more. If you can't see the car, you never know what will happen, alarm or not, so hood up!

It is also way cooler to jump in and open the lid within 6 seconds, showing the rest of ASDA's car park who's the daddy!

Quick Reply: Leaving the roof down whilst parking.