UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Le Mans visit

Old 06-22-2005, 01:57 AM
GSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surely that should be 80 and not 800????
Old 06-22-2005, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by GSi,Jun 22 2005, 09:57 AM
Surely that should be 80 and not 800????
Nope 800.

What's more the boys had the choice of cash or jail. They were pissed off but apparently there had been a few burnouts around one of the roundabouts in the town and with roadside cafes, people everywhere they we obviously deemed very irresponsible.

I think plod needed to make an example..and it worked, word spread down the high street faster than any of the cars.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Shipley,Jun 22 2005, 12:28 PM
Nope 800.

What's more the boys had the choice of cash or jail. They were pissed off but apparently there had been a few burnouts around one of the roundabouts in the town and with roadside cafes, people everywhere they we obviously deemed very irresponsible.

I think plod needed to make an example..and it worked, word spread down the high street faster than any of the cars.
The year I went the guys in the tent next to us had their Seat brought back to the campsite on a lowloader completly wrecked, after some muppet in a fezza lost it doing burnouts and smacked into the back end of it. Apparently the Ferrari limped off before the gendarmes got involved, but the seat looked close to a write off..

Not surprised they're clamping down on it a bit after that..
Old 06-22-2005, 04:57 AM
ADP

Ive seen the video of that!
Old 06-22-2005, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by tim_d,Jun 22 2005, 11:55 AM
The year I went the guys in the tent next to us had their Seat brought back to the campsite on a lowloader completly wrecked, after some muppet in a fezza lost it doing burnouts and smacked into the back end of it. Apparently the Ferrari limped off before the gendarmes got involved, but the seat looked close to a write off..

Not surprised they're clamping down on it a bit after that..
There's a lot of bolocks about what goes on in Arnage, the burnouts happen later in the day as the amount of people slowly drift off and the loonies get more drunk and stop cars in the street

Doing early afternoon burnouts is a bit of a no-no as there are too many people around - later on people expect it so they stand well back

That seat was hit on the way to Mulssan corner on the reverse way after Indy corner. The tw@t in the Fezzer got too much fishtail, and hit the rear end of the Ibiza with his rear end(oo-er) and took the rear bumper off the Ibiza, and dented the wing.

Old adage - if you don't like sillyness then don't go to Le Mans
Old 06-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rralston,Jun 22 2005, 02:19 PM
Old adage - if you don't like sillyness then don't go to Le Mans
Old 06-22-2005, 08:06 AM

seems that way

one of the best moments was seeing a crowd of approx 1000 at 10pm on friday night baying for donuts. Feckin hillarious watching in one moment a Ferrari 550 wheelspin, then a Rolls Royce try & fail, and some guy in a 2CV trying his dammnest to get some smoke

all good natured
Old 06-22-2005, 08:13 AM

I broke my Le Mans cherry and what a fantastic do it is for petrolheads. I can't say much more than what's been said really. The roadtrip to and from is just awesome fun, seeing all combinations of supercars, classics and the French just sitting out watching and waving at the procession.

Apart from the burnouts in Arnarge, did anyone see the ones along the street near to Parking Bleu. It was on Friday afternoon and great fun, if a little dangerous. There were a couple of guys stopping the interesting cars and trying to temps them into a burnout by throwing water under the wheels. The ones who wouldn't play got sprayed with super soakers, which on the whole was taken in the spirit it was intended, with the odd person getting stroppy here and there.

And what about the noise of those Corvettes!! feckin 'ell!! I never liked American cars really but they're just awesome.

I had a bit of a look around to see if there was an S2k group but couldn't find any.

All in all a truly great trip, but i need to do a bit more research before next year regarding the race and getting around the circuit, my feet are blistered!

p.s. how do you get to the Mulsanne straight through the woods, i couldn't sus it and didn't want to just guess cause i kept losing my bearings and you have to walk miles to get back.

Cheers

Chris
Old 06-22-2005, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisR,Jun 22 2005, 05:13 PM
Apart from the burnouts in Arnarge, did anyone see the ones along the street near to Parking Bleu.
see above

what about the guy in a clapped out Astra

and the mini cooper

and them gimps on the little scooters pulling moonies

about 9 porsches went past-not one of them could or would do it