UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

At last...

Old 10-05-2004, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At last...

So, first thoughts on the new improved neil_s2k-mobile

You're all driving feckin girls cars. Where's the fighting and jumping from the steering wheel? Where's the crashing over potholes? Where's the rattles gone from the dashboard? What's with this marshmallow ride? I can't believe they've softened the car twice since my version

Seriously though here are my real impressions after driving a Vectra for a month.

1. This car is so small inside. I kept trying to force the seat back but it wouldn't go any further Took me a good 30 minutes to get used to it again.

2. How much concentration you need to drive the thing. I was feeling really really rough today. But 1 hour in the S2k and I'm buzzing

3. The ride is so compliant compared to my old suspension, it just soaks up the bumps. In fact I think I'm more likely to have a huge "off" now, as I'm driving the car so much faster now that it isn't jumping all over the place.

4. Throttle adjustability is just superb in the corners - I've really missed that.

There has been much slagging of Honda and dealers in my other thread, but they've done a really good job with car. The interior is now perfect with the new roll over hoop, the car is just stunning to drive, and, as requested, they even left it dirty for me to clean when it stops raining (Luckily the sun stayed out long enough for me to get home top down ).
Old 10-05-2004, 07:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good work Neil.

When I was ill for a few months over Christmas about 2 years ago (and even the S2ki community sent out a search party for me ) a blast in the S helped lift my spirits.

Glad to hear it's doing the same for you.

Good on ya fella!
Old 10-05-2004, 07:43 AM

Cheers Col. I remember you going awol. Too ill for ing on S2ki? you must have been bad

Forgot to mention a couple of things. Firstly, Pinkie is obviously famous throughout the Honda network. On the test drive I mentioned that I knew someone else had the same problem and was asked if the S was a yellow one? Secondly, suspension arms & bushes. I'll start another thread on this. All owners of older cars should be worried.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:54 AM

Just need some 18's now and you will be sorted
Old 10-05-2004, 08:00 AM

good to see eventually all sorted

Did you get to keep the spring spacer as a sort of memento?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:00 AM

[QUOTE]Just need some 18's now and you will be sorted
Old 10-05-2004, 08:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by neil_s2k,Oct 5 2004, 03:43 PM
Forgot to mention a couple of things. Firstly, Pinkie is obviously famous throughout the Honda network. On the test drive I mentioned that I knew someone else had the same problem and was asked if the S was a yellow one?
PL will be disappointed that the Honda guy referred to the yellow car rather than the pink lady

Glad to hear you got the car sorted out so successfully Neil Sounds like it feels like you're driving the car for the first time - a second honeymoon
Old 10-05-2004, 09:05 AM

Old 10-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

good news
Old 10-05-2004, 10:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So can we expect some speed from you at the BB meet?

Great news Neil

Quick Reply: At last...