UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Kim's S2K Diary

Old 06-04-2012, 02:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cheers mate, aye I plan to get it tuned - just dithering over the thought of dropping a set of more aggressive cams in beforehand. I replied in your thread to your braking question.

Oh also a small update, few things I have done since:

- Alpine IDA X305a headunit, Celsus harness and steering controls adaptor, Focal P165 anniversary edition components
- Big gay wing, better known as an APR GTC-200 Carbon Fibre wing
- Carbon Fibre cooling slam panel
- Spoon billet oil cap
- Set of Limited Edition Rays Volks Racing CE28N Wheels in Mercury Silver (I'm getting new wheel decals to replace the old ones and I'll be getting new centre caps as they are looking a bit old and tatty.)

Old 06-04-2012, 03:17 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Nice to see someone going with proper shiny wheels - there are far too many dreary black ones around.

But Kiss FM? Seriously?
Old 06-04-2012, 03:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not into BGWs but I love the other mods you've done. You should either replace or paint your radiator stays and paint the solenoid or buy a solenoid cover . I like everything to be shiny. Do you have oil filter stopper? Maybe you should consider one with that filter, just in case. Btw. OEM oil filter looks better with those Spoon reservoir covers .
Old 06-04-2012, 03:37 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Just the best wheels you can get imo!

Are they Mikey's old wheels? Look a little similar to my Genesis ones, but not as rare
Old 06-04-2012, 04:02 AM

Ha! cheers Simon. Silver goes better with Moonrock. I would've settled for bronze but really glad I got the silver ones now.

Kiss FM isn't my choice of station, but was the first one it autotuned to after first fitting it.... I'm more of a XFM man.

Good to see you on Saturday by the way!

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Nice to see someone going with proper shiny wheels - there are far too many dreary black ones around.

But Kiss FM? Seriously?
Slowly but surely sorting out those bits K3Nguru, they are all on a big list of things to get I also like things to be shiny as well . I know the BGW is marmite to most people but I love it!
Re: oil filter stopper, yep that's on the list too but I'm not too fussed. I've done nearly 1,000 miles and that filter is rock solid. I do check it regularly. The spoon covers are going, thinking of different ones now....

Originally Posted by K3Nguru
I'm not into BGWs but I love the other mods you've done. You should either replace or paint your radiator stays and paint the solenoid or buy a solenoid cover . I like everything to be shiny. Do you have oil filter stopper? Maybe you should consider one with that filter, just in case. Btw. OEM oil filter looks better with those Spoon reservoir covers .
Definitely Mark, I was so chuffed when I got them. No, I got them from S2KBF however I'm yet to see a set like these. The CE28N's are as rare as leprechauns poo and I've been waiting a long while.

Saying that, look at you with your collection of CE28N's
You nearly could put on a set of wheels for each day of the week.....

Originally Posted by MB
Just the best wheels you can get imo!

Are they Mikey's old wheels? Look a little similar to my Genesis ones, but not as rare
Old 06-04-2012, 04:37 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

Totally agree.....best wheels ever. And the mercury silver, has it over the bronze finish for me. Compliments your colour. I dread to think how much these beauties were!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:23 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

£500 a wheel new
Old 06-04-2012, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good mate glad you got the wheels sorted, as I said at japfest carbon bonnet and the Wing won't look as out of place!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 AM

Just a small update, primarily engine bay bling.

- New battery tie
- New Radiator stays
- Polished steel crossmember cover
- Oil filter stopper
- Vtec solenoid cover

If anyone is after a crossmember cover, I can probably get my mate to make a few more in either brushed metal or polished steel finish. Drop us a PM if you want one.

Next on the list is new front tyres, when cashflow allows......

Old 06-25-2012, 07:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some nice bling there kim, I'd get a catch can to stop your induction kit eating the engines shit

Quick Reply: Kim's S2K Diary