UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Kim's S2K Diary

Old 03-29-2012, 12:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kim's S2K Diary

As some of you may know, I took the plunge and handed my car to Dixon for quite a large amount of work.

My front, rear bumpers and rocker cover were sent away to the body shop to get resprayed. The front lip was also reattached properly.

I pretty much went the whole hog with suspension upgrades, getting powerflex bushes, rigid subframe collars, zeta r coilovers, front anti bump steer and rear hard race toe control arms. It was then all tied together with fast road/track geo alignment.

My brakes were also replaced with Dixcel FCR discs and ZPads all round, complimented by HEL steel brake lines and RBF600 fluid.

Next came the exhaust system, treating myself to no less than the manifold, decat and dual exit 65R exhaust. To top it off I got Dixon to fit my new fujita f5 CAI as well.

Last but not least, the car went through its annual service and mot - and passed

Two weeks later and the result? Apart from being almost stone broke, the car handles and drives like a dream. The brakes are superb and I can drive with much more confidence.

I'm taking up track tuition soon and I wanted the s2000 to be ready for it. Dixon has done an outstanding job.

The car looks great, sounds fantastic, goes like it's on rails when taking corners and feels much faster too. I've fallen in love with the car all over again.

Cheers and a massive thank you to Dixon and the guys at DMS racing, this was no small job and they should be proud with the results. The
service was brilliant.

Finally cheers for taking time to read this thread, I will be adding to it as more stuff gets done.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. Threads like these make me want to spend money I haven't yet saved! Car looks great. I'm pretty jealous right now. I hope the great weather holds out for you to enjoy it over the weekend if you can find petrol...

Chris
Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your S looks fantastic!

Dixon knows his Geo

Get rid of that Hamp filter though:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/594...#entry21232847
Old 03-29-2012, 12:25 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

First off, congrats for not calling it a 'build'

Second, you will enjoy it when you get it back!

And you have the same valve cover as me
Old 03-29-2012, 12:29 PM

Did you paint the discs or were they supplied pre painted?
Old 03-29-2012, 12:37 PM

thanks for the kind comments all. Yes the car is with me now MB, the finished work exceeded my expectations, I'm really impressed.

I didn't know you had the same colour valve cover. Gosh does that make me a modification stalker of some kind?

Ah - yes the discs were pre-painted.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:47 PM

I actually did MB one first after his car went on to a BBQ trip. So I knew how it gonna look with a moonrock cover on a moonrock car. That's why I suggested you to do it as it look so great with it.

Glad that you loving the setup, you driving everywhere with the way I showed you how?
Old 03-29-2012, 11:40 PM

Well I hope MB doesn't mind, his car is an inspiring build.

I am Dixon, however my petrol doesn't seem to last long it sounds utterly fantastic no matter where in the revs I am and boy does it go noticeably quicker.

Can you let Jeff know that I said thanks, the paint job is spot on. She looks gorgeous now
Old 03-30-2012, 08:39 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

I take it Dixon did the MOT before fitting the decat?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:51 AM

Yes of coz we did.

Quick Reply: Kim's S2K Diary