UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

kangerooing S2K

Old 05-31-2006, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having this kind of problem in my s at the moment, see the Email I sent to Honda .... going in this Friday for a fix. The CEL light came on around 4 weeks ago and they replaced the O2 sensor but to no avail, still broke.

Pav,

I've tried to catch you this morning but you were busy with a customer so I thought I'd drop you a mail. I'm having problems with the S2000 still, I'll list the issues below.

Ignition barrel - this sticks when I remove the keys, I have to fiddle with the end of the barrel to make it click closed, unless I 'fiddle' the car still thinks the keys are in the ignition and won't allow the remote central locking to lock the car nor will the alarm arm itself, the interior light also stays on.

CEL warning light - the warning light has come back on, unsure as to why, this could be the o2 sensor again or another issue

Stalls out - the car is fine when on choke when first started, however once the car has warmed up and you go to change gear or take the car out of gear whilst stationary the revs drop all the way off to 300rpm, the whole car judders as though it's going to stall out, it has actually cut outwhilst in traffic

Lumpy/limited running - sometimes when I start the car and pull away the car will only allow me to rev to around 1,300rpm, no matter how hard I push the throttle to the floor the car will not increase in speed. As soon as I take my foot off the throttle the car lurches back and forwards, almost bunny hopping down the road, this will continue until I pull over and red line the car by flooring the throttle to 'clear it's throat' then it's fine. this problem can also be resolved by pulling over, turning the car off and starting it again.

I'm more than happy to wait for the ignition parts to come in, although this was raised back on the 2nd of May when I had a service and they still haven't arrived. I will require the running, stalling and CEL light fixing as soon as possible, it's becoming dangerous as I go to pull away at a roundabout to find out that I have NO power and then stall, only to roll into the oncoming traffic.

Cheers in advance.

Hope to speak soon.

Sii
Old 05-31-2006, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that !!! I will check that out. Is there anything ealse it could be ??
Old 05-31-2006, 12:48 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Air pump line blockage / MAP failure / Lambda failure / air leak.

Always tricky to diagnose idle faults

And for the hundredth time - dont beat the MAP sensor! I wont explain why but needless to say, if you dont know what it does or how it works - dont do it. Tap it by all means...

S11 - what was the fault code?

MB