UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Just not meant to be......

Old 08-10-2007, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Davey_2,Aug 10 2007, 07:30 PM
edit - I wish I could help you out here but all we have in stock at Hemel is a 56 plate (2006) roadster in Silverstone.
If the car has the red and black interior would you mind pm'ing me the full details?

We've decided that we'll raise how much we're willing to pay for a car and get a good one rather than skimp and get a bad one.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Davey_2,Aug 11 2007, 05:39 AM
Sorry gents I fail to see any relevance in those comments as Dawn has had problems with purchasing two cars from a dealer.
If Dawn does involve Honda UK and they assist in sorting this mess out then I think praise would be due, but it is too early for comments like that.
Completely misguided I am afraid Dave.

This dealer is ruining Honda's reputation, the general public do not see dealers as individual businesses, they see them as HONDA.

Honda UK shouldn't have to sort this mess out, it shouldn't happen in the first place.

So why should praise be due for fixing something that should not happen.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:56 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Aug 11 2007, 07:32 AM
Honda UK shouldn't have to sort this mess out

But they should be sorting out the seized bush mess
Old 08-11-2007, 12:22 AM

How far is Ipswich from you Dawn? John Banks used to be good to deal with. However I have no recent experience, worth a look?
Old 08-11-2007, 12:29 AM
MrM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine from Lindhill and found the service to be ok, if not a little slow. But didnt have any of the problems you speak of...

I agree with the others and if you put a deposit down with the agreement to pick the car up the following week and its not ready, and they have provided you with no good reason why its not ready. I would be there demading my deposit back and more.

I would have been VERY angry.

I feel for you and hope it gets sorted.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Davey_2,Aug 10 2007, 08:39 PM
Any dealer can look to see what cars are available nationwide in other dealers stocks, thats new and used cars, so therefore a replacement should be able to be found quite quickly although when the first car went off the scale I did look and there were about 8 S2000's available and non really matched Dawns criteria at that time.
8 S2000's nationwide?!? Not a lot...

In my experience with 'tegs, I quickly found that where a dealer had a good one, they'd keep it off the database to sell themselves, so the database only had the dross on it.

I'd expect it to be little different for S2000's...the only way is to ring around all the ones within travelling distance, and look at the private ads (I'd start there, but some people like buy-off-dealer security).

As for this dealer...something smells fishier than Billingsgate. Run, don't walk!

As for the 'Honda have lost the plot' - I CAN see Nick's point...we've had recent conversations Dave about my lack of trust in dealers, and the reasons behind it. And in my experience there aren't many dealers around (yourself excepted) who I would trust to give me a straight answer. Very sad state of affairs that the default attitude seems to be 'cover up' or 'fleece' (I nearly didn't get another Honda on the back of my dealership experiences with my first 'teg...it's just the S2000 was too good a package to ignore).

I know forums can be biased, in that you typically hear only the bad news stories. I also know that other marques have far more problems with dealer attitudes (Fiat, Peugeot, Ford, Renault, and BMW spring to mind straight away - it seems to be industry-endemic). But I do think 'Honda' in the UK (HUK through to dealers) do seem to be 'delivering less' than they used to 8 years ago when I bought my first Civic.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by havoc UK,Aug 11 2007, 08:32 AM
Run, don't walk!

If you can stretch to a 56 go for it.
You should get the VSA with that!
If you are going to that money it may be worth talking to Bob Gerards about an EU import so you can get a brand new one with superb custmer service!
Old 08-11-2007, 02:32 AM

Dawn, if you can afford a 56 plate you can afford a new Bob Gerard.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:35 AM

like I said
Old 08-11-2007, 02:49 AM

Just a quick question - how does the EU import status affect things like insurance?

Quick Reply: Just not meant to be......