UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Just not meant to be......

Old 08-10-2007, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope everything works out to your advantage tomorrow. If it doesnt, i live in Essex and have a moonrock, red/black you can look at, just to remind you of what one looks like.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:54 PM

Walk away, there are plenty more cars out there. Try and be patient (I know it must be difficult when the sun is out!) and it will pay off in the long run. The last thing you want is to rush into getting this car then finding out a week later that it's been crashed at some point.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:00 PM

Sounds to me like one of the bellend salesmen took the car home to show off to his mates/ugly girlfriend/gimp-ape & banged it. (the gimp-ape and the car).

Do you know what the mileage was (exactly) when you viewed it? If so, check it - if it's more than the distance between dealerships, tell 'em to shove it up their arses. Also, tell them that you are reporting the whole sorry incident to Honda UK/Local paper... and, if I can quote 'Life on Mars' - hopefully they will be "more worried than a small nun at a penguin shoot".
Old 08-10-2007, 01:06 PM

LEAVE IT< WALK AWAY!
Old 08-10-2007, 01:19 PM

*Definitely* walk away - it's not right, it's your money, and other people deserve it more.

Vote with your feet.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dawn, whatever you do listen to all these comments & leave it alone.

We can all understand the excitement & the urge to overlook 'small issues' to get your hands on your new baby but this sounds beyond dodgy. Spend your hard earned dosh elsewhere.

Ed
Old 08-10-2007, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the replies chaps. Just nice to know that i'm not overreacting - it's very easy to get carried away when buying a car I know!

As this is the second time this dealer has messed me around I will be going to see them first thing tomorrow to get my deposit back. All confidence in the car has now diminished and i've taken AE up on his offer to contact Honda UK.

It's a shame - I adore this car and there are no others out there that match up to it at the moment but i'll just have to go against the habit of a lifetime and be patient.

Arse!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:24 PM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Aug 10 2007, 08:15 PM
Honda can forget any chance of becoming premium or introducing Accurist over here whilst they let these prats play pissball.
Bang on the money as usual Nick.

Honda have lost the fffing plot recently.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:36 PM

Good on you Dawn. It sounds very fishy. Who knows how much damage there is especially if they won't let you see the car for another week.

I hope you get some joy with Honda UK!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by LTB,Aug 10 2007, 10:24 PM
Bang on the money as usual Nick.

Honda have lost the fffing plot recently.
Sorry gents I fail to see any relevance in those comments as Dawn has had problems with purchasing two cars from a dealer.
If Dawn does involve Honda UK and they assist in sorting this mess out then I think praise would be due, but it is too early for comments like that.

Any dealer can look to see what cars are available nationwide in other dealers stocks, thats new and used cars, so therefore a replacement should be able to be found quite quickly although when the first car went off the scale I did look and there were about 8 S2000's available and non really matched Dawns criteria at that time.

Quick Reply: Just not meant to be......