UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Just not meant to be......

Old 08-10-2007, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Just not meant to be......

Do excuse me if my language is a little off - i'm absolutely livid with this frigging dealer.

Firstly, I was stupid - STUPID enough to give the Southend dealer another chance. yes, the one who messed me about last time, should learn by my mistakes yada yada!

Last Monday they had finally found me another car and I was very happy. Put down my deposit the same day and e-mailed the dealer afterwards to ask for a photocopy of the service history of the vehicle so I could just check it out. I spoke to the dealer briefly on Monday afternoon and expected the car to be with me by last weekend or so. By last Friday I had tried to be patient and not hound the dealer but i'd heard nothing - no details faxed through, nada.

I therefore phoned the Colchester branch early on Friday (there are three dealers in their Honda group - Chelmsford, Colchester and Southend) who I knew had the car. They told me that the car had left them. Then the Southend dealer e-mailed me to tell me that they didn't have the car. So where in the hell was my car?

Obviously I was a tad confused as nobody was admitting to having the car on their premises and nobody could tell me where it was so I attempted to phone the dealer. Not available so I left a message. Got no phone call back (again) so I waited for another 2 hours and then phoned again and asked for the dealer principal. He was also unavailable. I asked for a phone call back within the hour and 4 hours later i'd still heard nothing.

Therefore I phoned Honda UK. I explained about the first car and the fiasco of two owners (they had attempted to sell the first car to me as a one owner vehicle) and the GT being sold as a Roadster etc and then not hearing a thing all week from the delaer and they promised to check into it for me.

Dionne at Honda UK phoned me back and told me she'd put a flea in their ear and my car would be ready by the next weekend. I settled for this as I wanted the car.

I'd heard nothing from the dealer all week this week and i was determined not to be a pest but by yesterday I was chomping at the bit for news so I phoned him. He then told me that the car was in the bodyshop??? Why in the body shop? My husband and I are both seasoned car buyers and aside from one or two paint chips that were very small the car was absolutely perfect and nobody had mentioned a complete front end respray before....

However, he assured me that it would be ready today.

I got to the dealers this afternoon and was struck by the lack of S2000 action in the car park.

Spoke to a very sheepish dealer who gave me some about the wheels still needing doing. Oh, and my car will need to be with them for another week to have these done!

I'm frigging furious! I've asked him if he thinks i'm being unreasonable - asking for my car to be ready within 2 weeks and he's had the decency to admit this isn't an unreasonable ask. I've also asked if this is the first b'stard S2k they've ever sold because surely if they've sold one before they'd know how long it takes to refurb the wheels and started the ball rolling on that some time last weekend!

I'm also very suspicioius about this respray. My concern is that they've pranged my car and are desperately trying to cover it up. I'm not stupid - I can see where there's been accident damage and a respray but i've not been able to get anywhere near the car and theyre not keen on telling me where it is at the moment!

I've given them an ultimatum. I want to see that car tomorrow - I want it to have a new set of wheels on it - I don't care if they have to take a set off another car - but if I don't have a car tomorrow they can give me back my sodding deposit and poke it!

I'm so frigging angry at them. They must think i'm an absolute chump!

So, tell me please - what are your thoughts?

Old 08-10-2007, 11:21 AM

Holy crap... that dealer is truly shit.

I feel very sorry for you, but it sounds like you have the right attitude. I'd get there early tomorrow if I was you, so you've got the day to look for another if the dealer is as poor as it sounds.

Shorty
Old 08-10-2007, 11:21 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be very very wary of this, sounds like something very dubious is going on.

I know you're mega keen for the car, but honestly I think I'd just walk away from this lot, what a shower of piss.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:24 AM

Sorry to read all this Dawn. Are there any reliable Honda dealerships out there?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:25 AM

Sounds very odd to me. I'd demand they return my deposit and walk away. There are a lot of S2000s out there at the moment and probably a lot of dealers that would offer a better service.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the best thing you can do is walk away from the dealer and the car. Clearly something dubious is going on and the levels of service that you've received so far are unlikely to improve.

Why would you want the dealer to make money out of supplying this car? At the end of the day it is only a car and it isn't the only car for sale in the spec you want and within your budget.

You should shop around, have a look at what is on the FS thread here and scout the dealer network for what you want, something will come up and there are a myriad of dealers who are somewhat more professional than the ones you've been dealing with.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:26 AM

All sounds a bit suspect to me. I've never heard of a garage giving the customer a hard time about a car before they get their mits on your money. It might be that they are being ultra methodical and want to give you a great car as they have given you such a runaround, or perhaps Honda UK have blasted them.

I think you are wise to ask to see the car before you part with anymore cash. Suppose you could try for another discount or some goodies to be thrown in or extra free warranty.

Grabbing the salesman by the nads might get you some respect.

You certainly have a lot more patience than me, but then if the car is worth it I suppose you go the extra mile.

I'm really sorry to hear your story though. Good luck
Old 08-10-2007, 11:30 AM

Dawn, I am so sad for you ths evening after reading that, especially after you were badly let down on the original car.

I really don't know what anyone could suggest to make anything better as whenever there is the slightest thing wrong with the car (if you have it) you will grow to hate it.

Keep us posted as to the outcome.

Best wishes.

edit - I wish I could help you out here but all we have in stock at Hemel is a 56 plate (2006) roadster in Silverstone.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:30 AM

Received 253 Likes on 218 Posts

Tell then to shove this car where the sun don't shine, get a list of Honda dealers and start phoning about stock, somebody will have exactly what you want and due the less than perfect summer, softops aren't flying off forecourts, Good things come to she/he who waits. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:36 AM

Quick Reply: Just not meant to be......