UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 11-06-2010, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by p800bry,Nov 6 2010, 11:46 AM
I read it differently, I read it that Honda will no longer be changing Full Short Blocks any more as they now know what the fault is and what parts exactly they need to replace rather than just throwing a complete short Block in. Of course if your engine blows and the bottom end is destroyed than I would expect them still to replace the Short Block but if they detect the symptoms of an impending failure early enough (light knoncking/rattling that we all have reported) then I'm guessing they know what part/parts needs replacing now before it neccessitates a new Short Block.
Spot on Bry

As for me, there's been no gagging order from HUK. Once the dust has settled, matters are resolved and I have the technical details, I'll post up. You wouldn't want to rely on my girly interpretation now, would you guys?

The reassuring point for others who have similar concerns is that HUK now appear to be on top of this. So if you've been worried about a similar noise, point your local stealer (I love that expression ) towards HUK's Technical Team and reference this thread.

JSH, I've a similar agony: I bought the S because it was my dream car. And it's a cracking drive. I (usually) drive mine every day so have a regular fix for my addiction. Hence I'm a bit of a grouchy 13 1 T C 1-1 at the moment!

There is nothing else I want...unless I intend spending a LOT more money so I'll have to settle for a drive in Mikey's GORGEOUSLY SEXY Aston for now. I'm up in Warrington this Monday...any chance of a run Mike?

In closing, may thanks guys & gals for your support, it keeps me standing

Cos let's face it: I'm not sat in the S.

And I've been doing the maths: I reckon by the time I get it home, it will have spent over 2 months back at Honda in 17 months of ownership!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Banned

I certainly hope Honda is at least going to pick up all the costs related to the time they have had your car over the last 10,000 years, i.e. car payments, insurance cost, etc. I would be demanding at least this. Hell, you're paying for an S2000, not a Civic, or Jazz, or whatever, and you have not been able to drive it for how long?
Old 11-06-2010, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by mikey k,Nov 6 2010, 09:12 PM

Just do it properly and get one of these

*melt*

Saw a gorgeous one in York today and have decided that when we sell the house we aren't going to buy another one just get the Aston and live in that
Old 11-07-2010, 12:52 AM

Bookie, I admire your grit,determintion and spirit to hang on in there. I now hope that it all pays off for you now and you get the car back as it should have been and enjoy many more years of S2000 motoring
Old 11-07-2010, 01:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unclefester,Nov 6 2010, 09:17 PM
Did you drive head on into an Audi and pick some debris up?

No other way round Aston were doing LED's front and back way before Audi
Old 11-07-2010, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bokkie,Nov 7 2010, 12:23 AM
There is nothing else I want...unless I intend spending a LOT more money so I'll have to settle for a drive in Mikey's GORGEOUSLY SEXY Aston for now. I'm up in Warrington this Monday...any chance of a run Mike?
More than welcome.
I'm working from home all day
Old 11-07-2010, 05:01 AM
jsh

Originally Posted by mikey k,Nov 6 2010, 09:12 PM

Just do it properly and get one of these

That'l be a straight swap then

The strange thing is though when out and about I do get a smile and sometimes a thumb's up from AM driver's ( there being quite a few around here ) , however your average Mx5 / Z4 / Boxter driver look's the other way /pretend's he has'nt seen me
Old 11-08-2010, 11:40 AM

I think I may have found a potential replacement for my S2000....

...an S4000

I've driven all the way home from Warrington this evening with an idiotic grin on my face - the biggest smile I've had in months! And, no, it wasn't due to any good news on the HUK front! But rather the engineering masterpiece that is the beautiful car pictured above

Huge thanks to Mikey for taking me out in his beautiful Aston Martin today - it really is the cat's whiskers

I'll post up once I have further news from Honda re Jenson - most likely once I'm back from sunny Cape Town in a week or two...
Old 11-08-2010, 11:41 AM

*jealous*

I've emailed my stealer today but no response. If I don't hear anything from them I'll go ahead with my plan to drive to Bristol and get them to look at it - looking forward to spending Christmas in the Premier Inn at Cribbs Causeway
Old 11-08-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem,Nov 8 2010, 09:41 PM
*jealous*

I've emailed my stealer today but no response. If I don't hear anything from them I'll go ahead with my plan to drive to Bristol and get them to look at it - looking forward to spending Christmas in the Premier Inn at Cribbs Causeway
@ CJ - it really is a GORGEOUS car and the sound of that engine....

Perhaps we should organise a mini Christmas meet in Bristol?

Quick Reply: Jenson