UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 10-29-2010, 02:58 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Ken Kier is the head honcho at Honda IIRC.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m1bjr,Oct 29 2010, 11:54 AM
Hmmm The Severn Estuary has the largest tidal range, plenty enough to hide a Honda
Hmmm maybe a visit to our site at Severn Rd Bridge followed by an accident with a large piece of machinery could be the answer.

Fancy it Bokkie - could do a couple of cars in one go
Old 10-29-2010, 07:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey k,Oct 23 2010, 06:17 PM
Maybe a face to face meeting with some one at HUK would get some results?
Maybe parking her car in their reception would get the message accross better.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Oct 29 2010, 11:58 AM
Ken Kier is the head honcho at Honda IIRC.
http://www.hondauk-media.co.uk/aboutus/profiles/
Old 10-29-2010, 07:10 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

HUK do not care, they just want this to all go away and they will wait patiently until it has done whilst doing the bare minimum over and above their contractual obligation.

Fair enough that's business but I wouldn't buy a car from a Honda dealer ever again solely on the basis of dealing with their customer services people.

Last time i spoke to Trish she wasn't exactly singing their praises and I can't see that changing.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:10 PM

It's Friday night, working week is finally over, fireworks are popping off left, right and centre, I have a glass of wine to hand: it must be time to update my thread!

Well, where shall I start?

Honda UK have replied in the guise of a very nice Mr Steve Dyer who was unequivocal in his response: Honda will not entertain giving me another S or the current market value of the car They will however make me a gesture of goodwill given that I have not had the ownership experience they would want. Details as yet to be confirmed....I remain a deeply unhappy Honda S2000 owner. Time will tell for how long!

My legal adviser tells me it would be hard to reject the car under the Sales of Goods Act 1979. It would be my assertion that the faults are linked but the burden of proof (and associated costs) would lie with me. I can however make use of the clause which relates to goods of an unsatisfactory quality (or that are not durable) so we'll see where this goes. Slight change of tactic in that the forthcoming legal letter will go to the dealership as that is the entity with whom I entered into the contract. And yet they are the party who have pulled out all stops to keep me in the car - it's a hard old world.

I am still considering other options...vinyl wrap remains my favourite so watch this space

As for Jenson, the car remains at Bristol Honda. The synchroniser arrived and was installed last week. I was due to get my car back on Friday. However the curse continued as Bristol found slight score marking on another bearing. Given the history of the car, they gained agreement to replace it under warranty.

The part arrived this week and was duly installed. Kevin has pronounced the gearbox "sweet"

Cue Honda UK who now reckon they "think they know" what has caused all the problems and in future will NOT be replacing short engines! They asked Bristol to undertake several engine checks and measurements (read into that what you will) before the car could be returned to me end of this week.

Although they assure me there is NOTHING wrong with the car, given its history, HUK technicians have asked that Bristol replace a few engine items. These will only arrive in HUK on 12 November and in Bristol around the 16th. So I'm due to get my car back when I come home from Cape Town the last week of the month

So tonight I'm bluer than my car am sick & tired of driving a Civic (no offence Gaxxy but it's not an S) have lots of wine to hand and intend to drown my sorrows
Old 11-05-2010, 01:25 PM

Really hope they fix it for you this time Trish, as we said, IF they do .... then you'll have the most reliable S2000 in the country with a handbuilt engine
Old 11-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Thanks UF
Not to mention a gearbox that Kevin the Magnificent pronounced "sweet"
Old 11-05-2010, 01:46 PM

It will be like a new ... in fact it will be a new car. I think ( hope ) you'll fall in love with him all over again.

And the car too
Old 11-05-2010, 02:43 PM

Lets hope there's light at the end of the tunnel for you now Bokkie. I'm very curious as to what Honda think has been the fault with the noisy engines on late models and why now they won't be replacing short Blocks also what parts they are changing and measuring on your engine, this would be very very usefull info if you could find out.

Quick Reply: Jenson