UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 08-09-2010, 04:21 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by jody,Aug 9 2010, 07:53 AM
It is down to each individual dealer to set their own price limits. However, the way the scheme is run, it is in their (our) best interests to try and get as many people into a policy as possible, even at discounted rates.

Some dealers will be more pro-active than others with this - however, it will be a case of speaking to them direct for their best quote and then playing off with another dealer. With the nature of franchising, some dealer groups may not budge on price - you may have to call a completely different part of the country to achieve the best results...
All well and good, but you've still not given an example of any dealers still offering this price.

I usually get offered a renewal on my Warranty at a "lower than advertised" rate, but it's nowhere near the prices you are suggesting.

PS you seem to know a lot about this, do you work for a dealer?
Old 08-09-2010, 04:33 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Unless its a huge coincidence, I'm guessing jody is the After sales manager at Avondale honda.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lower,Aug 9 2010, 04:33 AM
Unless its a huge coincidence, I'm guessing jody is the After sales manager at Avondale honda.
No co-incidence Richard!!

As an interested onlooker, I am just trying to make people aware that there are deals to be done - it's merely a case of finding a dealer who wants co-operate...

I know what I have instructed my service advisors they can sell at, hence mentioning the £250, £500 & £750 price points. If other dealers want won't barter, go elsewhere.

Lovegroova - Sorry, I don't know which other dealers will offer these prices, just what I will sell them for. By all means, ask the question and see if they will price match.

Cheers
Old 08-09-2010, 04:55 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Jody

So, to answer Simon's question, you can buy the extended warranty at Avondale Honda for that price.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:00 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Thanks for clarifying the position, Jody. Expect a lot of potential warranty purchasers
Old 08-09-2010, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by lower,Aug 9 2010, 04:55 AM
Hi Jody

So, to answer Simon's question, you can buy the extended warranty at Avondale Honda for that price.
You can in sunny Solihull - I wouldn't like to say on behalf of the other Avonvale sites...
Old 08-09-2010, 06:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Extended warranty group buy anyone?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:50 AM

I just extended my warranty for another year (£250) As I too am on my 2nd engine and if there's a risk that this engine could fail too I just couldn't take the chance of having to pay out over £4000 for a new block!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:03 AM

Good news

I thought it was exhaust - but it wasn't
I thought it was the cat - but it wasn't
I thought it may have been a rattle from the heat shield; but guess what? It wasn't!
It was the engine! And Bristol Honda can fix that!

Bristol Honda replaced Jenson's second engine last Thursday. This then passed their myriad of tests with flying colours and so today I had the pleasure of collecting Jenson. And the annoying & constant tapping of the flamenco dancer's castanets has gone! I can once again hear the delicious tones of the S engine. Many thanks to all at Bristol Honda for their swift actions.

Now to run Jenson in for the 3rd time!!! There's nowt like doing 67mph down the M4, head slunk down, as you try to sneak home with the hard top on in glorious sunshine.

For those who may or may not want to know, engine details are as follows:

Engine 1 - F20C21080571
Engine 2 - F20C20109009
Engine 3 - F20C20109062

Now for some serious thinking on my part

Do I trust this engine enough to keep the car - or should that read: Does the car give me sufficient driving joy to overlook my trepidation?

Should I have to pay for an extended warranty beyond the 3 years (yes, it does expire with the car, not the engine) to bring the length of cover on the new one up to the 3 year mark?

Have Honda resolved the cause or are they still treating the symptoms?

Do I have sufficient patience to await resolution of the issue with the hardtop (it was delivered with silver flecks of paint on it)?

And if I did sell the S, what on earth would I buy? Cue m1bjr
Old 08-09-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by you reds,Aug 9 2010, 02:03 PM
Extended warranty group buy anyone?
IF you seriously think we can get a better deal I would certainly be up for it. Was going to visit my local honda in the morning to ask for a price anyway...
Any which way I am definately going to spring for one.

Bokkie - Oh dear but I completely understand your trepidation, I'm worried and it hasn't even happened to me !
If you do keep it I would, if I were you, definately get an extended warrenty (as I think you might have gathered) but give up the S ? Ooooo now there is a decision.

And it is a decision I really wouldn't like to have to make!
I hope you do keep Jenson though, seems a shame to depart with him now !

Quick Reply: Jenson