UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 08-03-2010, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jester, thanks so much for your sympathy, it's balm to my bruised heart

Please see my previous post re warranty.

On my old S I received a reconstructed gearbox and then a new one, as well as a complete overhaul of the geometry & suspension bolts when the dealer somehow stripped one! This was well worth the minor amount of money I spent on the extended warranty! Not to mention the peace of mind.

And to be fair to Honda, so far I've had one replacement engine, currently awaiting the other.

Is the extended warranty worth the money? I think so.

EDIT: Jester, I meant to say - I reckon a lot of the hassle with warranty claims could be due to the dealer - just how hard are they prepared to stand up for you?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by p800bry,Aug 3 2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the info Bokkie, my warranty only ran out last month and was serviced by Honda in June so will be fine in getting the extended warranty, just off to put a kidney on ebay to pay for it
Kidney? Surely it'll take more than that?

You're welcome
Old 08-03-2010, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bokkie - you seem to be taking this very well. I think the difference though is the extended v. manufacturers original warranty. Your car is 12 months old (or less?) and I don't see how even Honda could squirm on paying out.

On the other hand they are dragging their feet on an air con claim - the civic is standard, but even if it wasn't you can't over rev or do anything to damage an air con system yet they are delaying and squirming which makes me question their sincerity.

It was useful to see the info re the warranty costs and that you got a successful claim however, thanks for that. Just kicking myself that if I do take the warranty I am paying an extra £150.00. Again Shatstone advised me it wasn't a limited offer - doh

Still nothing compared to your current issues - hope it resolves itself soon for you

EDIT: Bookie - totally agree, am sick of Shatshone taking service costs, parts, etc... and fitting you in at no notice but as soon as you have a fault you wait weeks for an appointment and then get either a 'we can't find anything wrong' or a 'they all do that sir' reply! Hence the car is going from Harrogate to Carlisle to see Lloyds for its 3 year service.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Court Jester,Aug 3 2010, 10:23 PM
Bokkie - you seem to be taking this very well. I think the difference though is the extended v. manufacturers original warranty.
Hmmm....not sure I'm taking this as well as you think but at the moment I'm adopting a suck it and see attitude time will tell how big a wave generator I need!

As for original v extended warranty, repairs quoted above on my previous S were all done under the extended warranty.

Jenson, my new S, is currently under original manufacturer's warranty as the car is just over a year old (14 months old now).

I hope you get your car sorted to your satisfaction.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:01 PM

Bokkie - Thanks everso for the info on the extra warrenties available.. that is great info !

Now - if P800bry is off to sell a kidney I suppose I had better choose another organ..hmm...

CJ - Not surprised you are fed up with 'shatstone' I went to one of them to see an S when I was hunting... rang before to ask whether it was in perfect condtion explaining I was looking for perfect and was driving along way.
They said yes it was PERFFECTT.. I drove the 150 miles to it only to find a HUGE crease down the drivers door. Plus they had it in KM setting and didn't know about it & so tried to spin me a total line on why the mileage was different than the ad..

what a bunch of (replace with several expletives)

I know it is a large chain but I'm afriad I'm inclined to tar them all with the same brush in this case
Old 08-04-2010, 12:29 AM

Good morning all, sorry no update Bokkie but I did say I was in London till Thursday morning, so expect news in 24 hours. I am wondering if something can be done on the extended warranties for those of us who want to purchase them !
Will look into and report back to all.
Right back to the classroom. Bye
Old 08-04-2010, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bokkie,Aug 3 2010, 10:13 PM
EDIT: Jester, I meant to say - I reckon a lot of the hassle with warranty claims could be due to the dealer - just how hard are they prepared to stand up for you?

A decent dealer is worth his/her weight in gold. I've mentioned before that I don't use my local dealer (a whole 10 minutes drive away) because they are awful.

I've taken the car to Dave at Brayley Honda, Hemel (an hours drive away) since she was fresh out of the box and he's been a bloody marvel. He's careful and takes time to look over any queries I have.

I've put together a few bits on e-mail that are wrong with the car that I would like sorting out before the original manufacturers warranty expires and he's on the case as we speak.

Not big stuff - one wheel is slightly corroded, the centre caps need replacing and the new roof is having a few issues. On previous experience, I am confident this will all be rectified under warranty!

Gaxxy, if you do manage to get a deal on extra warranty, i'd be interested in buying another year - even if I sell the car in the meantime it's a nice extra to offer a potential buyer!

Old 08-04-2010, 02:20 AM

Thanks for the kind words Dawn and Bookie.

Dawn, the caps, wheel and pillar trims are here and waiting for you - see you soon.

On the subject of guarantees - either Gaxxy or myself can assist, pm me if you have any queries on cover etc

Dave
Old 08-04-2010, 02:22 AM

Hurrah. Thanks Dave!

If I have to listen to the roof clip rattle any more i'm going to go crazy. It will be nice to have a silent car again!

Old 08-05-2010, 07:49 AM

Good afternoon all,
Very quick update once more.....

Bokkie it's all quiet and running again.

Currently out for a gentle test, then a few more tommorrow & all things being equal you can have Jenson back for the weekend.

So you better get some miles on that Civic 2.2 to use up the fuel

Quick Reply: Jenson