UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 07-29-2010, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elijah,Jul 29 2010, 10:10 PM
I've been extremely reasonable with Honda Uk, and yet they're absolutely refusing to extend my warranty, after a number email exchanges.

Any suggestions from you guys on what to do next??
I still love the S2000 - but at this rate will be picketing Honda in Swindon....
WTF will PM you in morn !
Old 07-30-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by p800bry,Jul 29 2010, 03:00 PM
bokkie, how many miles do you have on your new engine ?
Jenson currently has 30,000 miles on the clock which equates to just under 20,000 miles on the new engine. I don't think mileage has much of a part to play in these sorry developments as I understand engines have been popping from 500 miles and beyond. Not much of a consolation, I'm sorry!

A quick update: Gaxxy and Bristol Honda have kindly agreed to take Jenson in on Monday for the wunderkinds Kevin & Darryl to have a look-see. This gives me a lot of comfort given that they were involved in stripping & replacing Jenson's first short engine in October last year. I'll update the thread once there's any definitive outcome.

I have that this rattle is nothing major - just some sort of air intake anomaly....time will tell.

Many thanks to all for their kind words of support by post, PM and text.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bokkie,Jul 30 2010, 08:07 AM
Jenson currently has 30,000 miles on the clock which equates to just under 20,000 miles on the new engine. I don't think mileage has much of a part to play in these sorry developments as I understand engines have been popping from 500 miles and beyond. Not much of a consolation, I'm sorry!

A quick update: Gaxxy and Bristol Honda have kindly agreed to take Jenson in on Monday for the wunderkinds Kevin & Darryl to have a look-see. This gives me a lot of comfort given that they were involved in stripping & replacing Jenson's first short engine in October last year. I'll update the thread once there's any definitive outcome.

I have that this rattle is nothing major - just some sort of air intake anomaly....time will tell.

Many thanks to all for their kind words of support by post, PM and text.
Fingers crossed for you and Jenson, hope he's not away from you for too long this time.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trish good to see you back!
I hope Jenson isn't too sick
Old 08-02-2010, 12:55 AM

Mikey

I could cry as I type this:

Jenson does indeed have the Gaspode Death Rattle - a new engine is required

Jenson returned to the Bristol Honda fold this morning (thanks Gaxxy) where the living-legend-that-is-Kevin confirmed the terminal diagnosis within minutes. So Jenson is staying here for further open-heart surgery whilst I have the pleasure of another Bristol Bullet.

My heartfelt thanks to the Bristol Honda team for once again stepping up to the plate
Old 08-02-2010, 01:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the hell are they doing with these later engines?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh dear - sorry to hear this Bokkie. I hope it gets sorted quickly.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bokkie,Aug 2 2010, 12:55 AM
Oh man
Old 08-02-2010, 02:36 AM

Surely it's about time Honda made an announcement about these engines having possible problems. The thing that now scares me is what if my new engine goes pop in a couple of years time and the car's 5 years old what will honda do about it then?
Bokkie you must be so stressed out, I feel for you I really do. This whole engine saga has seriously got me thinking about selling the car and buying something that's not going to be a lottery wether your engine will blow or not!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bokkie,Aug 2 2010, 09:55 AM
Mikey

I could cry as I type this:

Jenson returned to the Bristol Honda fold this morning (thanks Gaxxy) where the living-legend-that-is-Kevin confirmed the terminal diagnosis within minutes. So Jenson is staying here for further open-heart surgery whilst I have the pleasure of another Bristol Bullet.

My heartfelt thanks to the Bristol Honda team for once again stepping up to the plate
Kin 'ell mate, I'm actually stuck for words. Fingers crossed that Honda get it right for you this time.

Quick Reply: Jenson