UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 09-22-2009, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unclefester,Sep 22 2009, 04:31 PM
Generally speaking, a car that is trailered away because the fault is serious enough to require proper mechanical investigation could be said to be 'broken' wouldn't you agree?

The fact that Gaspodes requires a new engine or part of one would generally indicate that the part being replaced is dead. If Bokkies is suffering from the same thing ( implied by Gaspode a few posts up) then that would suggest that hers has gone 'bang' too. The last time I checked, you only replace something if it has failed - so without splitting hairs, Gaspode and Bokkies engines have both respectively failed, that is unless i'm missing something.

The only information I've had has been posted here
Technically i agree, but in reality Light Bulbs Fail, Bombs go bang !,

My thoughts were that between myself & the owners involved we can produce a symptons list & how they progress, in order help put other owners minds at rest that they do not have the problem. Also those forum members who really do know their stuff , of which we do have many , may be able to cast more light upon it, so the rest of us may benefit. I will start getting some pics together of what we find as we find it.

I'm sorry that the only information you have is what has been posted, i felt sure your opinion was after examination
Old 09-22-2009, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by unclefester,Sep 22 2009, 04:59 PM
i'd be interested to know if they need a new short block, what failed to cause that and if the debris from whatever failed has been in the oil as that's how you usually spot component failure.
Short engine for def,
What failed (nothing yet) but somethings about to.
Debris Oh yes theirs swarf in the sump alright.

As i said will get pics up asap
Old 09-22-2009, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Squeak,Sep 22 2009, 05:44 AM

You can always pop in with the Micra for a cuppa
Duly done

Thanks Pip
Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM

Lot of reading for you tonight Trish.

How's that car you have?
Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 PM

A lot of reading indeed!

A massive thanks to all the folks who have rung, PM'd and expressed support via the above posts. You've reminded me why it is that I joined the club...friendship and the love of the car! Thanks folks

Looking forward to seeing the pics Gaxxy...I was tempted to drive down to Bristol in the purple people eater to take some pics of my own but couldn't face being spotted by anyone I know!

Do you reckon you could stick some of the sump debris (the so-called swarf...is that a technical word?) to one side for me - I want to have it encased in perspex or some such gunk - and keep it for perpetuity!

It's been a rough couple of days, not helped by the crap*y hire car but as Scott has already said above:

Gaxxy & Bristol Honda have been great.

Honda UK - no presence, visibility whatsoever.

I rang up the Honda Assist helpline today and asked for their Customer Relations number as I wanted to make a complaint. Only to be given the Complaints Helpline for the AA (who provide roadside assistance for the Honda scheme). To date, Honda UK have not impresssed me one wit.

Lets see what tomorrow brings...

Incidentally, to any folks from other S2KI forums reading this thread...I do wonder whether the problem is wider than just the UK....
Old 09-22-2009, 02:07 PM

I went and had a peek in the international forums earlier, searching for similar threads. Nothing jumped out at me, but then I was pretending to do work at the same time, so the search didn't have my full attention.

How truly rubbish of HUK.

You're better looking than Gas though, so I reckon you'll get your engine quicker.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by GrittyShaker,Sep 22 2009, 11:07 PM
You're better looking than Gas though, so I reckon you'll get your engine quicker.
Thanks hun maybe they'll give me his?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trish, so sorry to hear about this. Guess there's going to be a lot of recent owners now worried about the rattle of death.

I'm sure they'll make everything will be sorted by HUK but I expect they need to get to the bottom of each problem before they accept they have an issue.

I thought they were quite good at following up a fault on my car, after the dealer changed a part of the Alarm they requested it back for another look and changed out other modules so they could get a better understanding of the problem.

Bristol
Old 09-22-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by NineBolts,Sep 23 2009, 12:41 AM
Bristol
Ta for the encouragement, I'll hang in there!

No flies on Bristol Honda, that's for sure. It's just the lack of presence from Honda UK that I find frustrating and more than a little disappointing.

Right, time to get the old purple rollerskate on the road...
Old 09-22-2009, 11:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBolts,Sep 22 2009, 11:41 PM
I'm sure they'll make everything will be sorted by HUK but I expect they need to get to the bottom of each problem before they accept they have an issue.
They are still working on the seized bush problem that we reported a few years ago.

Mabe once they have resolved this they will start looking at the fecked engine problem.

Quick Reply: Jenson