UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 11-06-2009, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspode,Nov 6 2009, 10:07 PM
It was the girl in the pink Nissa Mirca convertable that barfed in lane 1 and the totalled it in the central reservation while peeing her pants laughing that was the highlight of the drive for me.
I didn't see that - must have been when I was hiding my head from onlookers!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by phil121081,Nov 6 2009, 10:07 PM
glad its all sorted, i note you mention about getting GEO done and bolts greased??? is this necessary on a new car? surely this shoudl be done from the factory?

Only ask, as mine is new and wasn;t planning on any 'work' for 3 years min....surely this is not normal for a 'new' car.
Nope.
Honda Japan seemed to have forgotten to hire a guy to do this.

Cars that are even 6 months old can suffer from bolts beginning to seize.

Get them done before the car is 1 year old.
You only need to do it once. ( or every 4 years if you are inclined ).
Old 11-06-2009, 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear some good news.
Kind of making sense now. Assuming you've discovered you've a problem/have had a couple of failures you just stick everything on hold (what's worse than your engine blowing up...........having the replacement engine blow up!) you then need to know what you're looking for to check for what the fault is and replace it.

Personally I reckon they should have managed that quicker (based on previous similar experiences that should have been done withing 6 weeks). Depends on your company policy and how you feel about it I guess
Old 11-06-2009, 01:40 PM

Agree with you Fluff.

I think the basic problem is one that Trish highlighted earlier.

Jon did mention that the various divisions of HUK, Customer Service, Warranty, Honda Institute don't have 1 computer system.
My reading and experience of this is that the divisions don't communicate with each other as much as the consumer would like.

He was surprised that Trish and I knew as much as we did and knew about the other failed engines.- and had more info than he did.

The lesson for HUK is when the warranty guys are called in on something big, or the Institute guys is to let the customer service people know.
After all - they are the only ones with a phone number to contact.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for advice Gas, I will be getting in touch with Bristol Honda to get this sorted.....assuming the resulting invoice will start and finish with a zero.

If this is a known issue and advisory action on the new owner (that ultimatley could be a warranty issue for Honda within the first 3 years), why do they not do this before releasing any new cars??!?! weird.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very good news Scott. Looking forwards to seeing it at a meet in the near future. Any plans to christen this one or is that tempting fate.

Is Snowy going into stock at Bristol?

I approve of the new avatar. I grew up in Mildenhall and they always had a couple of those stationed there, they would rattle the windows of all the houses for 5miles, often at 8am.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=phil121081,Nov 7 2009, 06:05 AM]Thanks for advice Gas, I will be getting in touch with Bristol Honda to get this sorted.....assuming the resulting invoice will start and finish with a zero.

If this is a known issue and advisory action on the new owner (that ultimatley could be a warranty issue for Honda within the first 3 years), why do they not do this before releasing any new cars??!?!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by phil121081,Nov 7 2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks for advice Gas, I will be getting in touch with Bristol Honda to get this sorted.....assuming the resulting invoice will start and finish with a zero.

If this is a known issue and advisory action on the new owner (that ultimatley could be a warranty issue for Honda within the first 3 years), why do they not do this before releasing any new cars??!?! weird.
Phil
No Honda dealer does this or has done this in the last 10 years.
The factory don't do it.

The saga of the seized bushes is down to this.

Honda Bristol don't have the geo equipment IIRC.
Even HB is thinking of taking hers to CG to get done.

Just one of those things.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:55 AM

Clive
Snowy will be up for sale

It will make a good car for someone wanting a white one.

I thought the avatar appropriate.
As a kid - I would dream about these things. Happy days.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Gaspode,Nov 7 2009, 07:53 PM

Honda Bristol don't have the geo equipment IIRC.
Even HB is thinking of taking hers to CG to get done.

It is one of those things that you get done elsewhere and would not know about if you were not on this forum.even Gaxxy agrees it needs to be done!

Quick Reply: Jenson