UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 11-02-2009, 01:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a good result, or at least a bit of compensation for all your hassle. Lets hope this one has better luck for you. Personally I would have lost my cool long ago and probably have ended up with nowt so well done you for seeing it through!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 03:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gaspode,Nov 2 2009, 01:08 AM
Good question about clear. I'll ask.

It can even we wrapped in Chrome - so I guess almost anything is possible.
Lee's here today cleaning my car, and he says that chrome is illegal and you would probably get stopped.

My view for what it's worth, save the money you would spend on wrapping and get a front respray after a few years.

Looking forward to seeing you and your 'new' GT100 at a meet in the near future. No 21 gets lonely !!

Alan
Old 11-06-2009, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. It's Friday - must be time for an update.
Today I picked up my new S Ultimate 100. No 71.

Now - firstly I would like to thank Alasdair and Warwick at Bristol Honda for all of their support over the last 9 weeks. They have been brilliant.

I would also like to thank Honda UK.
Given my experience with them I bet you never saw that one coming.
Let me explain.

Jon Couling @ Honda UK, has been involved with my case for the last couple of weeks.
And honestly. What a breath of fresh air he is.
He handled the case well, was empowered to make decisions, listened to my ever lengthening tirades. He was sympathetic to my plight and tried to look for viable options while Snowy was laid up.

Jon is probably not going to thank me for this... but he exactly the person that is required at Honda UK to provide excellent customer service when the more extraordinary issues surface.
So, in the unlikely event of your 08 or 09 engine going Pop. Jon is the guy to get on the case. I wish Jon was involved from the outset- I'm sure things would have been resolved promptly.

I'm hopeful that HUK will review my experience and consider implementing a few changes. eg When the issue is serious ( engine going ) and no replacement is on the horizon - Appoint 1 person to own and run with the issue. It would really make the difference for the customer experience.

Now - back to Snowy, if you recall - we were looking at a new engine delivery date of 20th Nov. And approx 27th Nov for me to get my car back. Well - sod's law.

Would you believe that a few days ago - a rather big box appeared a Honda Bristol's door. Yes - It was the long awaited engine for Snowy!!

Now - what is interesting here- is that while there are a substantial number of engines currently residing in Honda's distribution centre in Belgium. This engine was air freighted in from Japan. And had some nice paperwork accompanying it - that all the engine innards have been inspected and passed.

Below is a nice pic of Snowy with brand new engine purring away..

For Sale - S2000 GT 100. Low mileage engine 1 patient owner
Actually - this could make a cracking car for someone looking for a white S.
The engine is known to be good un!

And of course - it wouldn't be a white meet without Snowy and No 71 together.

So. Gaspode is a happy bunny - and looking forward to the weekend to ramp up the mileage. A good bolt greasing and geo has been booked at CG.
If Tangoman reads this - he can have another booking to give No 71 the works.

A big thanks to Trish - who was working in Bristol today who kindly agreed to pop by Chez Pode and ferry the hardtop all the way to Brizzle.

Thankfully - there are no pics of the abomination of the white roofed blue S.
Her car looked crap with the hardtop on.

So. What is left for Trish and us to advise on?
Well, now that Snowy's engine arrived. The original Jenson and Snowy engine are now despatched air freight to Japan.

That means... that within a 3 week period (IIRC) that HUK will come back to Trish and I with some detailed info about what went wrong.

Enough typing. Got another 500 miles of running in, before I can start to have some fun.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:16 AM

I've been following this thread with great interest.

Gaspode - I'm really glad that you got the best possible outcome!

I look forward to the results of the engine examinations.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Great news at last.

Can you send me Jon's details, Scott?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:47 AM

PM sent
Old 11-06-2009, 10:01 AM

At last!

You realise of course that you are in the unenviable position of being the only person to have owned two GT100's!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 AM

Good result!

Good to hear positive comments about Honda UK too.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:01 AM

Cheers guys.

Actually - I missed a bit.

Jon did hint that the Belgium located engines were likely on a hold until inspected fully.

Remember my various delivery dates posted earlier.

I'm 99.999% sure that Honda don't want any replacement engines in the field that have defective components.

Hence the delay.
And if you recall my original 4 week wait
The story of that ( I'm sure I mentioned it ) Trish got my engine.

I'm convinced every engine out of the door has been properly checked.
( Having worked for 11 years for Japanese companies - I have had similar experience )

So.. all you 08 and 09 owners.
Just drive the car.

HUK and Honda Japan ( yes I know the news hit there too ) do know that there is an issue affecting a small number of cars. And could occur to some more.
The engineering guys are on top of it, but do need time to sort it out.

If yours does go pop - I'm confident that you will be mobile in an acceptable timeframe.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:42 AM

So great to see you in a white S today Gas!

Will try & post up pics of you & #71 shortly!

to Jon and HUK in sorting things to your benefit! I've diarised to chase them in 3 weeks' time...if we've not heard from them before then!

Quick Reply: Jenson