UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 10-25-2009, 11:08 AM
B B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lurking Lawyer,Oct 1 2009, 11:10 AM
A consumer has no cause of action against Honda UK, only against the dealer.
Correct.
I work for an importer selling products through various distribution channels to the general public.
Occasionaly I will be asked to liase with a distributor who has had a customer complaint. Often that customer will insist that they be put in contact direct with the my company, which of course the distributor would not do.
In desperation or anger a customer may even write or email to my company but the standard action is to forward any communication back to the distributor.

A contract of supply lies between the retailer and consumer, and another between the supplier and retailer. There is no such contract between the consumer and the supplier/manufacturer.

There is of course the issue of brand support and credability to be guarded but again a distributor has been appointed who is obliged and expected to fully reflect the image & after sales service requirements of the supplier/manufacturer.
BUT there is no obligation in law.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 AM

Gas,

Did you read my post? I have weighed all that you said and being in a bit of a similair sticky situation myself one time, i based my ideas on that.

Trust me, read and act accordingly.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:15 AM

BB

Fully agree.
Dealer has been bloody marvellous. Not sure if you have read the whole thread.

Problem has been that every date HUK tell the dealer the engine will be delivered - turns into vapour.

Dealer Salesman and Principle gave up their cars to Trish and myself.

Honestly dealer is flawless.

If I reject the car... yes it goes through the dealer.

HUK guaranteed an engine delivery date.
They were wrong. No engine has been delivered.

HUK believed they could expedite an engine.
They were wrong. They can't

HUK believed they could get me a satifactory replacement car.

HUK believed they could help.

Rejecting the car...is via the dealer for sure.
But given that they are the only people doing damage limitation for Honda ( and they are not employed by Honda ) I wanted to leave this as a last resort. It has always been in my back pocket.

I know exactly the process to reject.

The beggar is how the heck I am going to get the hardtop back to Bristol.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Gaspode,Oct 25 2009, 06:56 PM
A solution which isn't hitting me in the pocket is what is needed.
Scott, unfortunately I can't see that happening, especially if you financed the car. I know you have built up good relationship with the people at the dealership, but don't for one minute let that cloud your judgement. At the end of the day they made a profit on your car, the salesman isn't going to take the hit for your problem either.

I see no point in swapping for a 'similar' mileage GT100, as I don't think it will ever feel the same, you might as well keep yours with a new engine.

Either you need to pressure Honda UK to get you in number 33 or cash out and pick something up in off season in the next few months to claw back some of your outlay........

Feel for you
Old 10-25-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by s2000malta,Oct 25 2009, 07:11 PM
Gas,

Did you read my post? I have weighed all that you said and being in a bit of a similair sticky situation myself one time, i based my ideas on that.

Trust me, read and act accordingly.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Hi Shawn

I have read your post.
Thanks for contributing and it is useful for me.

Those that know me will know I can get quite passionate about things that are close to me.

It is very useful to get a bit of perspective from others who are not tied into this.

Cheers
Gas
Old 10-25-2009, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sti Vi,Oct 25 2009, 07:19 PM
Scott, unfortunately I can't see that happening, especially if you financed the car. I know you have built up good relationship with the people at the dealership, but don't for one minute let that cloud your judgement. At the end of the day they made a profit on your car, the salesman isn't going to take the hit for your problem either.

I see no point in swapping for a 'similar' mileage GT100, as I don't think it will ever feel the same, you might as well keep yours with a new engine.

Either you need to pressure Honda UK to get you in number 33 or cash out and pick something up in off season in the next few months to claw back some of your outlay........

Feel for you
The balance of my car was in cash.

My judgement is not clouded.
I gave it more time before I have to make the hard choices that I would normally allow. I really am an impatient git.

And yep. I agree with your summation.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:02 PM

It\s not worth much,as I haven't followed the whole story,but I hope everything turns out well.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gaspode,Oct 25 2009, 11:15 AM

The beggar is how the heck I am going to get the hardtop back to Bristol.
Scott

Honda should sort out the transfer of your hardtop, but if there is a problem I am happy to put it on mine and drive it down.

If you can go for a'new' GT100, go for it.

Alan

Old 10-26-2009, 03:51 AM

Scott, not been around for a couple of weeks and shocked that this is still going on.

Want me to take you out for wine to try and cheer you up?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:14 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I would put the ball in their court and ask them to give some options in writing (refund option / new car option etc). They might come up with something inviting.

I'd also remove all emotions from the decision. Dealerships are a business, your money is important.

Quick Reply: Jenson