UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 10-25-2009, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sti Vi,Oct 25 2009, 02:40 PM
I would also reject the car and go and do the deal on number 33 if you still want to be in a white S? Or else go and buy and 08/09 moonrock and put the £8K saving in your piggy bank, I just cannot see them being worth £4-5000 more in three years time
Adrian

I even offered HUK the option of putting me in a stock GT - and refunding me the £4K difference between the purchase prices. If you recall the normal GT's were £21K and the GT100's £25K.

I gave them a selection of appropriate colours... but they couldn't find any.

Also - remember I was in a perfectly good 07 car.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:23 AM

Until someone could persuade me that there isn't a fundamental problem with the GT100 manufacturing process or one of the components, I wouldn't accept a like-for-like swap. At least not without copper-bottomed guarantees about what they would do if the same thing happens again 12 months down the line.

Take the money and buy a 12 month old car, if you want another S2000. I guarantee you, the GT100 won't be worth any more than any other 09 car in a few years time - just look at the vast majority of the other limited edition cars out there.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for weeks now in anticipation of mine going 'pop'. I would DEFINATELY give it back and get a full cash refund adn be looking for some compensation on any finance option that i had taken with the car.

Frankly this is a very poor show by HUK, but they have shown their commitment to sports car enthusiast by deserting the market. I suspect they have little loyalty towards them now as know they will not be returning customers....can't see a Jazz Type R anytime soon!

I would take the cash and run for the hills. Buy a used S, pocket the change and take us out for a beer for being such understanding forum buddies....hahaha.

Seriously tho, if the offer of rejecting th car is on the table I would bite their arm off and offload the problem and any future problems without delay. Tough call i appreciate, but that is the 'head' choice...whilst maybe not the 'heart'.

Would certianly make HUK stand up and listen tho!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Gas, have you spoken directly to the contact I gave you?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:34 AM

Bristol Honda have been brilliant batting for me.
Which is why up to now - I have not rejected the car.

I have a lot of faith in Bristol Honda, but even they cannot force HUK to provide components.
Bristol Honda are frustrated also. The car is taking up workshop space etc etc. They had the car on the ramps ready for the engine to be installed only to be let down on more than one occassion.

If I reject the car - it is via the dealer.
And you do get a guilty pang - as they have really gone balls out for me.

But - at the end of the day HUK are not providing what Bristol need.
Bristol have been brilliant.. but I'm at my wits end.

The clock is against me now to reject. If I'm going to do it - I need to do it this week.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Oct 25 2009, 06:29 PM
Gas, have you spoken directly to the contact I gave you?
Not yet Ian.
That may happen on Monday.

John was sympathetic and I believe he was empowered to resolve this quickly.

So far - all solutions proposed are leaving me in a worse position.

A call to your contact is in order.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Gaspode,Oct 25 2009, 06:11 PM
Adrian

I even offered HUK the option of putting me in a stock GT - and refunding me the £4K difference between the purchase prices. If you recall the normal GT's were £21K and the GT100's £25K.

I gave them a selection of appropriate colours... but they couldn't find any.

Also - remember I was in a perfectly good 07 car.
Scott,

I know it is unlikely that simple of them refunding you the £25K as you traded in your 07. Perhaps you could use the Honda UK website to search for a similar 07 plate and tell them you want the differnce back that you paid for the GT100? If you financed the car even if they refund you I am sure you would still be losing out. If you can however deal on car 33 at least you would be back in a new car with zero miles on it, as opposed to 8000 odd miles and if it went pop again just deal with it when it comes. I know its hard, but I think taking an older car makes more sense and getting more of your money back, unless you really feel the same now as you did before when you purchased the GT100. I have to admit I regret selling mine now, so be careful what you do as not to regret it in future
Old 10-25-2009, 10:53 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

It's a pity that when you find a good dealer that they are let down by Honda UK, in these hard times you'd think brand loyalty would be cherished but no.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:54 AM
B B

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Sep 29 2009, 09:05 AM
When you buy a product from a shop, who do you take it back to?

The Shop.

The shop sorts it for you fine. If they need help off the manufacturer they get it.

I don't see what Honda (UK) haven't done in either of these cases

Exactly.
You have a contract in law with whover sells you a product and it is THEY who have an obligation to you if said product fails.
The seller may well have to persue the matter with their supplier to secure recompense but that's their problem and responsibility not yours.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:56 AM

I know they made approx £2.5K profit selling my 07.
I saw the sticker price.
So everyone is winning but me.

I'm giving HUK a lot of latitude to find a workable solution that does not leave me in a worse off position.

1/ My current car - will have had a new engine.
And odds are the V5 needs updated, probably need to inform the insurance company. It will hit me resale time I'm sure too.
And the 20th Nov engine delivery date could easily slip ad infinitum. As has previous committed dates already.

2/ The car being offered - is of similar mileage.
If it is the one I think it is, I know it has been "won" as a prize for the weekend for a local radio competition - which resulted in the wheels being kerbed - and subsequently having to be refurbed.
I will also be a second owner - not the first.
Again this will hit me resale time

A solution which isn't hitting me in the pocket is what is needed.

Quick Reply: Jenson