UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Umski,Oct 6 2009, 02:02 PM
I have my 4yr service at Cribbs tomorrow since Howards in WSM told me to bugger off it's a happy experience
Still paying dealers then?

TSk Tsk Tsk, a man of your ability too...

Old 10-07-2009, 05:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m1bjr,Oct 6 2009, 06:36 PM
Still paying dealers then?

TSk Tsk Tsk, a man of your ability too...

I know I still have warranty...(don't start )

Not a happy experience I must add. Based on the rest of this thread the techies would appear to be very good now Unfortunately the lady on the desk isn't particularly helpful when it comes to customer service

So when I booked it in I asked for a breakdown of parts/labour so I could decide on my own oil or not - this seemed to be a mission and a half but she managed it with some help from the back office. Total approx £185, oil is the best part of £70 so I would take my own. Had a nice chat with Gaxxy whilst there

Today, service done and they want £130 (total this time came to £211) so I show them the quotation and say that my calculation comes to £105 less oil and with S2KUK discount. The piece of paper they put in front of me just has a single price on with no price breakdown of parts/labour which are identical to those on my quotation. Her excuse if that they don't know up front which parts will be needed? It was a bog standard oil change service (filter, washer, 'consumables' etc) Now why hide what the breakdown is - it seems to be a blatant way of hiding how much the elements of labour are for a 'fixed' service. Now I'm quite happy to pay for stuff that's been used or done but where the extra £25? Eventually they recalculate and accept that it is £105 less oil and discount

Does my head in when they want you to just pay and walk away without questioning what you've had for the money I was on the verge of explaining how many potential customers they could be influencing here but decided it was in their own hands
Old 10-07-2009, 06:27 AM

Argh.....Umski we will be having a look at this one, i was stood with you last week when you were given the price less oil & discount. I would have thought someone quotes & agrees a cost with a customer they would attach what they have quoted to the jobcard so somebody else can pick up the pieces if they are not here when the customer arrives

Will see you tomorrow evening & discuss further.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:52 AM

Thanks Gaxxy, I know service isn't your department and sorry to be a bit of 'tough customer' and to be a bit negative about the dealership As you say we can discuss tomorrow - hopefully little things like this can only lead to improvements for customer and dealer alike
Old 10-21-2009, 12:29 PM

Hi folks, things have moved on since my last post so I thought I'd update the thread.

Jenson is now run in and I'm back in mode.

I chased Honda UK this week for confirmation of the cause of Jenson and Snowy's engine failures. (Our short engines were being sent to Japan for investigation by the S team and results expected this week.)

Turns out neither engine has left the UK because Gaspode's Snowy is still waiting on her replacement short engine. ETA for return of Gaspode's repaired car was last Friday, it's now (brace yourselves) 20 November!

That was the state of play as at end of last week but I'm sure Gaspode will be on in due course to provide an update on Snowy.

really feel for you Gas although I have concerns about Jenson's replacement engine, at least I have the pleasure of driving my car.

Today the following has come to light:

There is now a 4th engine failure - and I understand it's similar to Jenson's in that something's blown.

I asked Honda UK to confirm the mileage at which the engine failures have occurred, it's widespread:

Jenson 10,000 miles
Snowy 8,000 miles
The other London S 5,000 miles
The latest casualty 900 miles

Honda UK have undertaken to provide an update in 3 weeks - by which time Japan will have completed their investigations and we'll know what caused these failures and if there are implications for other new S owners. I'll keep you posted.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:33 PM

That's a very long time to get a replacement engine. Should I order mine now in anticipation of needing one at some time in the future?
Old 10-21-2009, 02:23 PM

You need to bear in mind that Honda Japan isn't just building engines or short blocks for the UK.
And these are just the broken ones you know about.

I wonder what a cross post in the US forums would bring regarding motor failure given they have the AP2?
Old 10-21-2009, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Umski,Oct 7 2009, 02:43 PM
oil is the best part of £70 so I would take my own.

circa £15 a litre.

Disgusting.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bokkie,Oct 21 2009, 09:29 PM
Turns out neither engine has left the UK because Gaspode's Snowy is still waiting on her replacement short engine. ETA for return of Gaspode's repaired car was last Friday, it's now (brace yourselves) 20 November!
Did I miss something? I thought Gaspode's engine failed first before Bokkie's so exactly why did he not get the first short block that came in. If I was Gaspode I would be returning my car, the wait and aftersales service is just poor in my eyes. I have never heard of anyone having to wait so long for a part, let alone a replacement engine.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:53 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

He didn't get the first engine quite possibly due to the fact that his Dealer wasn't as quick out of the blocks as Bokkies?

Either way it's a non acceptable waiting period.

As suggested above, would be interested to hear what our American neighbours have to say ......

Quick Reply: Jenson