UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jealousy and chips on shoulders

Old 04-28-2006, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jealousy and chips on shoulders

Many of us have posted and commented on threads about.

"What is it with some people"

Zafira driver is a twat etc.

Many have presupposed that the answer is because of jealousy, chips on shoulders, inadequacy.

Well, ladies and gentleman, I have the proof.

This morning-8 am on the carrington Spur Road heading North. This is a spur road onto the M60 m/way which has Motorway regulations.

The road is one lane but is very wide-the centre line is the white diagonal lines so overtaking is legal.

At the end of the spur there is a roundabout with two exits and two lanes, East & West

There is a queue probably 1/2 mile long.

Most people head West, as it's a bit of a cut through onto trafford Park and then onto Manchester Centre.

99.9% of drivers heading west are pushed right over to the left so that traffic wishing to head east can slowly overtake (which means overlapping the wite diagonals).

I approach the back of the queue and am wanting to go east.

I can see one car straddling both lanes ahead. Because of this car all cars wishing to turn east are having to overtake on the opposite side of the road when there is a clear opportunity.

I approach behind the car, and toot my horn as I overtake making a gesture to keep left.

End up side by side. End up having few words. His answer to why he is straddling is "wait in line like everyone else". It doesn't occur to him that he is causing the road to be much more dangerous and that by letting people overtake they will not be hampering his journey (as they are eventually going in an opposite direction).

I call him a selfish twat.

He then says something along the lines of "you think you are smart because you drive a fancy convertible/convertible drivers are all the same blah blah"

I laughed and called him a jealous twat to boot.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

What was he driving?
Old 04-28-2006, 03:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An RX-8.

Ed
Old 04-28-2006, 03:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slightly diffrent for me yesterday coming out of cambridge, milton road, road works making two lanes into one at the moment, two cars both drivers playing silly game, lets hit each others car whilst cueing. now i dont think these two where driving cars that they own if they are customers cars well i woudl be pretty pissed, in the end i called the police, as it was getting to the point where they were doing 10MPH and hitting the back end or reversing into each other, damage was being done to both cars, renault megane new one and a seat something also new.

i put my window down and said what are you doing and was replied to **** off. so i called the police and gave both reg plates. hope they get hold of them both and do something, couldnt believe that people would do that to either the car they drive or a customers car.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Moggy,Apr 28 2006, 10:38 AM

He then says something along the lines of "you think you are smart because you drive a fancy convertible/convertible drivers are all the same blah blah"
Did you not say "no I am smart because I posses some road sense?" or maybe "would you like to see my CV?"

It makes them feel better..........I have given up now and let them get on with it! ;-)
Old 04-28-2006, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Apr 28 2006, 11:52 AM
What was he driving?
Fiat Punto ? (new shape)
Old 04-28-2006, 04:44 AM

^ ahhh, bless!

did sir pay thousands of pounds for a festering pile of turd?
Old 04-28-2006, 04:54 AM

too much aggression all round IMHO....
Old 04-28-2006, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Moggy,Apr 28 2006, 11:38 AM
The road is one lane but is very wide-the centre line is the white diagonal lines so overtaking is legal.

At the end of the spur there is a roundabout with two exits and two lanes, East & West

There is a queue probably 1/2 mile long.

Most people head West, as it's a bit of a cut through onto trafford Park and then onto Manchester Centre.

99.9% of drivers heading west are pushed right over to the left so that traffic wishing to head east can slowly overtake (which means overlapping the wite diagonals).

I approach the back of the queue and am wanting to go east.

I can see one car straddling both lanes ahead. Because of this car all cars wishing to turn east are having to overtake on the opposite side of the road when there is a clear opportunity.

I approach behind the car, and toot my horn as I overtake making a gesture to keep left.
141. You MUST NOT overtake

if you would have to cross or straddle double white lines with a solid line nearest to you (but see Rule 108)
if you would have to enter an area designed to divide traffic, if it is surrounded by a solid white line
the nearest vehicle to a pedestrian crossing, especially when it has stopped to let pedestrians cross
if you would have to enter a lane reserved for buses, trams or cycles during its hours of operation
after a 'No Overtaking' sign and until you pass a sign cancelling the restriction.

But also confused by 1 car straddling both lanes ahead where there is only 1 lane ??

If this is where the carriageway has gone to 2 lanes then he is probably fed up of everyone going down the right side and then indicating to come into the left hand lane.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by simonprelude,Apr 28 2006, 02:44 PM

141. You MUST NOT overtake

if you would have to cross or straddle double white lines with a solid line nearest to you (but see Rule 108)
if you would have to enter an area designed to divide traffic, if it is surrounded by a solid white line

2.But also confused by 1 car straddling both lanes ahead where there is only 1 lane ??

3.If this is where the carriageway has gone to 2 lanes then he is probably fed up of everyone going down the right side and then indicating to come into the left hand lane.
1. I don't know why you have quoted all this.

The white line is a broken white line. It's perfectly legal to overtake.

2. The "lane" is wide enough in stationary to slow traffic to accomodate two cars abreast.

3. There is no-one indicating. There is no bottleneck up ahead where traffic has to merge into one lane. Two cars can approach the roundabout.

The guy was a twat-end of.