UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

JDM spec in UK?

Old 07-09-2014, 01:47 AM
KNZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ADAM_ROB_UK
Its your money, your choice.

Im with everyone else who says RUN.
Need we say more?
Thanks for your advice.
I am saying please advice me if you got afford.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:19 AM

I appreciate that written english might not be easy for you - it sounds like you are buying to take to your home country, but the advice being offered is consistent.
The seller is not being honest. The car doesn't sound honest. Nearly everyone who has responded has said to avoid the car, but you are seeing it as an opportunity to get a discount. That is your option, but you're asking for advice and seemingly ignoring what is offered as it isn't what you want to hear.

There are more than enough S2000's for sale that you could find an alternative - Jaeger's car is for sale on this very forum for less than you are thinking of spending, and is younger, with similar mileage and he/it has a hell of a lot more provenance being a forum member of many years.

Edit - link
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...kred-3950-ono/
Old 07-09-2014, 02:31 AM

Could not agree more with maby66.

The car isnt honest, the seller isnt honest.. What else can we say?
I have spent more money than i care to mention traveling to cars and returning home empty handed on gut feeling alone.

KNZ.. You need to sit down and decide:
1) is this seller going to sell you a lemon and you will be left with a crap car.
2) is the seller untrustworthy.... With 4-5 other s2000's for sale...i would not go near it.

I go back to my only post on this thread and say...
Its YOUR money, YOUR time and at the end of the day YOUR next car. So YOU need to weigh up if the blantant risks are worth taking...

Put me in your situation, with my money and time... I would have walked ages ago and found a private enthusiast seller from the forum to buy the car from.

Your not buying a ford fiesta or focus, your buying an S2000 and maintenance and love for the car is key to buying the right one.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:53 AM
KNZ

Originally Posted by maby66
I appreciate that written english might not be easy for you - it sounds like you are buying to take to your home country, but the advice being offered is consistent.
The seller is not being honest. The car doesn't sound honest. Nearly everyone who has responded has said to avoid the car, but you are seeing it as an opportunity to get a discount. That is your option, but you're asking for advice and seemingly ignoring what is offered as it isn't what you want to hear.

There are more than enough S2000's for sale that you could find an alternative - Jaeger's car is for sale on this very forum for less than you are thinking of spending, and is younger, with similar mileage and he/it has a hell of a lot more provenance being a forum member of many years.

Edit - link
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...kred-3950-ono/

Originally Posted by ADAM_ROB_UK
Could not agree more with maby66.

The car isnt honest, the seller isnt honest.. What else can we say?
I have spent more money than i care to mention traveling to cars and returning home empty handed on gut feeling alone.

KNZ.. You need to sit down and decide:
1) is this seller going to sell you a lemon and you will be left with a crap car.
2) is the seller untrustworthy.... With 4-5 other s2000's for sale...i would not go near it.

I go back to my only post on this thread and say...
Its YOUR money, YOUR time and at the end of the day YOUR next car. So YOU need to weigh up if the blantant risks are worth taking...

Put me in your situation, with my money and time... I would have walked ages ago and found a private enthusiast seller from the forum to buy the car from.

Your not buying a ford fiesta or focus, your buying an S2000 and maintenance and love for the car is key to buying the right one.

OK, I understand your adivce.
Thanks a lot from my heart!
Sorry if my last post sounds bad, to be honest it was just woke up from the bed.

Well, I need to know more places/communities to sell this type of cars.

Now I'm in Germany, people are really not helpful, no information nothing last 2years.
Very difficult to get even a bicycle, after I got one the polizei coming everyday for inspecting me.
One time got inspection just standing in front of S2000.(I have no scar in my face BTW. And I am a cuty JDM, man, hehe!)
Just get inside the car selling pool, watching, "chi chi chi" with his tongue indicating go away with his chin like a dog.
Unbelievable those people are playing in the center of EU. Looking at non-EU-looking people like criminals.
In case you pay more than 15000Eur, you get clean/clear of this model, well, they are doing clean business but not good attitude as long as I show the pile of cash in the bag like you see DMX in the movie. Time goes by, I got to feel like beating them with S2000 as a little diplomatic effort, that is my reason to buy this car. "To some people respect is more important" by Brian O'conner from the heaven, man.

And the most in everywhere asking me for deposite explainning "bad memory from the foreigner", before I see it enough.

UK was really 10times far better time when I was there.
So relieved there, maybe I didn't want to make my good time any darker.

The point is,,,
I want more friendly conversation and clean business(no early deposite with no provation and so on) at the same time, just like normal, not expecting more than that.
Seems like I haven't found ones yet.

Again, I really appreciate your advices from all of the people.
I don't want to get anybody hurt incld. the seller of that car, always try to think for the other side, in this case as well, thinking of the possibilities of misunderstanding from my side. But the result of the most of the cases of this, the situation would be like Lexus with "Shame on you, Toyota" things.

Well, I take a look at where maby66 advised.

PS.
How could you know my Eng, not native, man?? Still not enough? I think far better than Kagawa, hehe!

Thank you very much. Well, work time now, today with my best Irish buddy.
Rgds.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PS.
How could you know my Eng, not native, man?? Still not enough? I think far better than Kagawa, hehe!

Good Question, you made perfect sense to me.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't fancy it for 5000.
My 03 GT at 5600 is a better buy.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:20 AM
KNZ

Originally Posted by frenchy
I wouldn't fancy it for 5000.
My 03 GT at 5600 is a better buy.
Just for my curiosity, how many mile in odo, when you bought??

Rgds.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:50 AM

When I bought 78000 now 88000.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:01 PM

To be fair, only the owner knows. If all mots mileage lines up ok then it might be good.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:25 PM
KNZ

Originally Posted by frenchy
To be fair, only the owner knows. If all mots mileage lines up ok then it might be good.
Yes, he has 3, 4 MOT papers for every time.
Going increase 10k mile per year, the final one written 90k mile on MOT certificate, passed 2weeks ago, no advisory.
And I checked online, no problem with the same contents, this is from '99. VIN/body number all matchs.
(I understand the advice from people, but,) Looks to me, the problem is that he wrote 65k on the internet and did bu*****t excuse.

Quick Reply: JDM spec in UK?