UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

J's Racing or Buddy Club?

Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J's Racing or Buddy Club?

I'm deciding to get a new single exit exhaust for my S2000 sometime soon, and i've heard on the forums that the Buddy Club pro spec is a very loud exhaust but i've not heard much on it, performance wise.

I've written an email to Mark at Sumo power querying the Js Racing 60rs and 70rr exhausts and was told that both give bhp gains where as the 70rr gives more BHP gains as it is a race exhaust and IS very very loud.

Was wandering if anyone give me any insight into the performance of the Buddy Club exhaust. Reason being that the Js racing exhausts are about
Old 08-07-2007, 10:00 AM

For me it would be the J's although if you're looking for an exhaust purely for gains the T1R 70R v3 available here is, according to some dyno's on here, good for ~15bhp with decat. Pricewise i'm not sure how it compares to the J's racing when you add duty, VAT and shipping but there are a few members here who had them fitted who could advise...
Old 08-07-2007, 10:17 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BleachS2k,Aug 7 2007, 05:12 PM
Any advice would be appreciated
Don't waste your money.

Get a 5Zigen from Lloyd for half the price.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:51 AM

A&J racing webpage state, 15BHP in gains with the T1R, along with ecu and stuff, Js gets 20bhp
T1R is alot cheaper than Js but then again when i think of the import tax and the other types of taxes UK customs is oh so fond of it puts me off.

I have looked at 5zigen but hardly anyone on the website mentions about the 5zigen so i've avoided it. Like i said most thread only mention about the sound the exhausts make, but not about the gains or the response through the rev ranges. So makes it harder for me to decide.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:00 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BleachS2k,Aug 7 2007, 06:51 PM
Like i said most thread only mention about the sound the exhausts make, but not about the gains or the response through the rev ranges. So makes it harder for me to decide.
That is because most dyno outputs are when trying to work out what gains you will get from an exhaust.

You will be lucky to get 7-8bhp gain from any exhaust and your unlikely to notice that.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:31 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

To an extent... I would only believe a well setup Dyno Dynamics RR. The chap who posts as UK trucks (Allan) could tell us a thing or 2 there. I had a good chat with him about the fact that yes DD roads are great and accurate, but only if setup properly and many aren't.

I think there is a touch of exaggeration on the US side when it comes to figures.

I do think 10 bhp peak would be a max from a full system and manifold.

Regarding your choice, I would go with the J's one as they are proven. The BC stuff works very well on the DC5 though.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark,Aug 7 2007, 11:31 AM

To an extent... I would only believe a well setup Dyno Dynamics RR. The chap who posts as UK trucks (Allan) could tell us a thing or 2 there. I had a good chat with him about the fact that yes DD roads are great and accurate, but only if setup properly and many aren't.

I think there is a touch of exaggeration on the US side when it comes to figures.

I do think 10 bhp peak would be a max from a full system and manifold.

Regarding your choice, I would go with the J's one as they are proven. The BC stuff works very well on the DC5 though.
i guess so, i mean i don't expect much from an exhaust to be honest, i knew that from the beginning i suppose, i put up the thread so that i could get a more general idea for what to go for rather than putting out the money and regretting it later.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You wont get a T1R V3 from aj-racing any time soon, its another 2 month wait until they get them, some mix up with new type civic exhausts or something like that.

J's racing the 70RR is loud, I thought about getting the 70RS (which isn't listed on sumo website but available from USA) which isn't so loud, then I've read about hangers coming off, baffles rattling so that has put me off Ti exhausts, plus the J's outlet looks naff.

Looks like I'm lumbered with the Mugen for a few months more.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:26 PM

Haha... i have to agree the blue tip does look a bit wierd... Hangers coming off the Js racing ones??? You sure??
Old 08-07-2007, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by BleachS2k,Aug 7 2007, 09:12 AM
I've written an email to Mark at Sumo power querying the Js Racing 60rs and 70rr exhausts and was told that both give bhp gains where as the 70rr gives more BHP gains as it is a race exhaust and IS very very loud.
I was led to believe that the larger 70RS system was intended for force induced set-ups whereas the smaller 60RS aimed at the n/a's. This way off ?

Quick Reply: J's Racing or Buddy Club?