UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jack smiths

Old 01-16-2016, 12:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was considering red for our black car but the missus has put her foot down as its her car too. Looks good though.

Not looking forward to the trek down from Manchester.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BCA
Thanks Weaty, looks like I may have your rear screen, mines going in next weekend.

Typically, decide to keep it and get the hood done/ enjoy it more, I've just landed a new job with a co car! Still tempted to hide it away at my parents for the odd fun day/event.
Temping to keep... Even just for that odd weekend here and there... My issue is I have the kawasaki for those days....thay said driving the car today, top down, lovely exhaust note and sun set from a movie.... Awesome!
Old 01-16-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by quickmoose
I'm Feb 20th...so a while yet.
HAd a slight wobble there about a red roof for my Silverstone car... thanks for that weaty....but I think I'll stick with black...

Looks really nice though, thanks for posting the pics.
The red roof with red interior on silver cars is a winner always...

The mohair red looks different in different lights. Ray also said it's a tougher material and is herringbone style so isn't as easy to make as black ones...

I'd put a red one on a silver car for sure!

Its a marmite look agreed. But pictures don't do it justice in my bias opinion. Haha
Old 01-16-2016, 02:07 PM
BCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weatyGT
Originally Posted by BCA' timestamp='1452966588' post='23854031
[quote name='Lee H' timestamp='1452962732' post='23853978']
I may be getting yours then as I'm in next Monday.
You may well do,it's in on Saturday, so that'll just about give him time I think. Mine is scratch free and fully working,as you would expect.

I had a jack smiths roof fitted to my old mx5, I had it on for two years before selling it - no complaints other than how bloody far away it is!
Or you may have mine as it's the the first one in the pile he has (last one off) he didn't hav any more s2000 roofs made up when I was there and was preparing a Toyota mr2 one.... They asked for blue...

Someone s2000... called up and booked in next week when I was on there... About 2-3pm.... Any of you guys???
[/quote]

I called around then too, booked in Nov and the earliest he had was 23rd Jan.. Weird!
Old 01-16-2016, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by BCA
Originally Posted by weatyGT' timestamp='1452973635' post='23854121
[quote name='BCA' timestamp='1452966588' post='23854031']
[quote name='Lee H' timestamp='1452962732' post='23853978']
I may be getting yours then as I'm in next Monday.
You may well do,it's in on Saturday, so that'll just about give him time I think. Mine is scratch free and fully working,as you would expect.

I had a jack smiths roof fitted to my old mx5, I had it on for two years before selling it - no complaints other than how bloody far away it is!
Or you may have mine as it's the the first one in the pile he has (last one off) he didn't hav any more s2000 roofs made up when I was there and was preparing a Toyota mr2 one.... They asked for blue...

Someone s2000... called up and booked in next week when I was on there... About 2-3pm.... Any of you guys???
[/quote]

I called around then too, booked in Nov and the earliest he had was 23rd Jan.. Weird!
[/quote]

Blimey maybe it'll be you then.... Aye aye aye.... He's fairly well booked out average about 2 cars per day!

I booked months back also
Old 01-16-2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by weatyGT
Originally Posted by quickmoose' timestamp='1452980617' post='23854202
I'm Feb 20th...so a while yet.
HAd a slight wobble there about a red roof for my Silverstone car... thanks for that weaty....but I think I'll stick with black...

Looks really nice though, thanks for posting the pics.
The red roof with red interior on silver cars is a winner always...

The mohair red looks different in different lights. Ray also said it's a tougher material and is herringbone style so isn't as easy to make as black ones...

I'd put a red one on a silver car for sure!

Its a marmite look agreed. But pictures don't do it justice in my bias opinion. Haha

hmmmmm thanks for that.....
its not the same red as the interior though...
Mine was an all black interior, but I've recently got red seats, door card inserts, central armrest and gearbox-gaiter...
Still predominantly black....
Old 01-16-2016, 02:55 PM

Ideal combo is all red interior red top and light silver... That's the classic s2000 combo in my opinion.

The material isn't a million miles off.

Are you planning more red interior bits??
Old 01-16-2016, 03:53 PM

Jeez that looks a pretty decent match...

This is a pic of mine, but I have since fitted the same red door inserts as you...
I'm not planning on doing anymore..

Old 01-17-2016, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by fullleather
Originally Posted by s2k_Nut' timestamp='1452814382' post='23852647
It's your money, mine went on a JS roof, it's been on for three or four years now, no leaks, no problems and my car sits outside all weathers 24/7. I don't understand the debate, it's like people can't believe something is so cheap so something has to be wrong with it, the same mugs will pay £600+ pound for a soft-top ... more fool them I say.

Did you decide on a black top over the blue out of personal choice? thought that was my car for a second, I removed the 'Honda' badges from the sides on mine too. Personal taste but to my mind looks far neater.
Yes I never did like the blue roof, nor the blue interior (I changed my seats for black 'Corbeau' seats too), and yes I prefer without the Honda badges on the side too ... clear repeaters also

Old 02-06-2016, 03:22 AM

Weaty - was your car at TGM yesterday? Saw a Black 07 with a red roof yesterday, can't be too many of them about.

Quick Reply: Jack smiths