UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Its Finally arrived - but can't take it out!!

Old 03-28-2004, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its Finally arrived - but can't take it out!!

Picked up my Silverstone GT red / black interior from Southern Counties yesterday. Unfortunately not all was plain sailing.

We were met by a very apologetic salesman who immeditately (all credit to him) tells me there is a slight problem with the car. The valet company had opened the bonnet with one of the wipers sticking up and it has chipped the paint. (1.5 x 8 mm). I have to admit I probaby would not have seen the damage if he hadn't pointed it out. We agree to let his chap have a go a repairing it (he'll need a full day to build up the paint). If I am not 100% happy with the repair they will do a full bonnet respray.

So, we then get the guided tour of the car and the paperwork. But the computer system for registering the cars has crashed. We wait around for about an hour but still no joy. Its looking like we will have to go home without it They won't let us take the car because its not been registered and is therefore not insured. I am not looking too pleased. They agree to lend me some trade plates so I can drive it home and they'll pick up the pates later in the afternoon.

So now the car is in the garage and I'm awaiting registration so I can drive it. Hopefully on Monday they will drop in the road fund licence and we can start to enjoy the car.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:09 AM

Sounds like they are being very decent about the bonnet though.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:11 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by splodger
They won't let us take the car because its not been registered and is therefore not insured.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:01 PM

Thats true, the car only needs a VIN to be insured.

cheers

moff
Old 03-28-2004, 03:21 PM

Splodger, you are required to be present at all Sussex events in future.................it's COMPULSARY!

Welcome to The Club, who was your salesperson at SC?

G
Old 03-29-2004, 03:58 AM

Maurice Connelly was the SC salesman and very good he is too. I was a little paranoid about spring spacers and requested something in writing from the workshop manager to state all had been removed - on picking up the car my wife was presented with a super bouquet of flowers and I was given a bag containing "my 14 spacers"!!

We have a BMW 330D and have always been very impressed by BMW's service, it really is excellent (at our dealer). But I have observed that SC Honda is definitely raising their game in the area of service.

The fact that they agreed to a 7% discount (scov's promise to match any genuine internet price) hasn't reduced the level of service they are provding (Maurice is driving the 1/2 hour to our house to drop off the tax disc later on today). Sometime this week they'll drop off the stand for the hardtop, std exhaust, manifold and air box, all at no charge.

Looking forward to meeting other Sussex S2k drivers in the near future.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:03 AM

MC is a great guy he sold me mine. I didn't get any flowers, wheres that customer survey form!

U get the Mugen edition?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:04 AM

PS. Pics are also a compulsary requriement on this board............................................. ....
Old 03-29-2004, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by Gazzer
MC is a great guy he sold me mine. I didn't get any flowers, wheres that customer survey form!

U get the Mugen edition?
yes, sorry, unfortunately my heart nearly always rules my head when it comes to cars

(But I did insist on NO Mugen badges - my eldest son will probably put them on his Jazz!)
Old 03-29-2004, 08:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Brand new car? Repair? Damaged?

ERRRRR RE-THINK PLEASE DEALER.

They`d have had it back. New motor please or MAJOR compo. THat just ain`t gonna fly Mr Dealer.

Quick Reply: Its Finally arrived - but can't take it out!!