UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

An Integra driver writes!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2002, 06:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt555
[B]Hi, hope you don't mind me gate crashing........

After a blast in one of your members motors the other week, I've got the bug (thanks mat mate)
Old 07-22-2002, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see your point UKPaul, sounds even more like the next move to me!! I know my Girlie want's me to get the S2K, but she never really like the TEG, to much of a compromise! Which is both good and bad, yeah I love it when I'm in the zone but you can't do that allday everyday (honest) and the TEG is looking a little old IMO. Just been checking out the figures in EVO, mighty quick 0-100, Vnice indeedy...................

Matt555
ITR
Old 07-22-2002, 10:01 AM

Matt, Posted this a couple of days ago to different thread - and haven't worked out how to paste link so repeated in full - apologies to others I have already bored.

Bonsey,

Good question. I think I'll hedge by bets on which is best behind the old "different cars - different bests" line. I should add at this stage that my wife has Civic Type-R so I'll include that as well.

Firstly straight out speed: S2000, Civic, Integra. The civic acceleration is deceptive it's quiter than the other two and not quite as bone wrenching as the S2000 or the Integra but personally I think its faster.

Secondly handling: Integra, S2000, Civic. The suspension set-up on the Integra is the best I've experienced. Despite its stiffness it fairly forgiving and once you've got used to the slight understeer a precise as you could want. I place the S2000 next, despite its rear wheel drive which as you would expect is less forgiving than the other two. The problem I have with the Civic is the cabin/driving position, I don't feel as "connected" to the car as with the other two and find this makes me less sure when cornering hard.

Comfort: Civic; S2000, Integra. What you would expect really the Civic is after all a family car with a huge engine. It's quieter, roomier etc etc. The Integra on the other hand becomes bum-numbing and loud after two hours on the motor way. But then again its had minimum sound proofing and was never intended for your grand-mother to drive.

There that's about as wishy-washy diplomatic as you can get - but I'm sure I will have offended someone

I've yet to get my hand on an NSX!

All in all I reckon Honda have it cracked - but its a pity that they're discontinuing the Integra in favour of the Civic because they are different cars and would have fitted together in product range.

As a previous owner of three Nissan SX200 I'm glad I made the change - Nissan turbos are attrocious - I've worn one out - had another fall off!

Cheers

Don
Old 07-22-2002, 10:06 AM

There's a new ITR out, but I don't think they're bringing it over here. Its pretty popular back home (Singapore), but I havn't driven one or know anybody that has one, so I can't comment.

Anyone driven the new ITR b4?

TBC
Old 07-22-2002, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt555
[B]
Any ex Integra drivers out there?
Old 07-22-2002, 11:30 PM

Hi Matt,

Had my S 4 months and decided a couple of weeks ago that it has now officially knocked the ITR off the top (with Evo VI now in 3rd).

ITR was everything you could want - practicality, performance and almost idiot proof if you cocked up a corner!

S has made me hold back a bit (RWD) esp as I now appreciate wet and dry differences more so, which in turn has led me to gently push its limits over time so that I feel confident with it.

There is no other car that I would prefer, but if I had to spend 10k on a used car, the ITR would be the choice.
Old 07-23-2002, 12:35 AM
tnt

To another 10-pennyworth.

We have found the S2000 to be fantastically comfortable over long distances - 3000 miles in 17 days and we weren't driving long distances everyday. Trisha does find that long distance top-down driving is more tiring.

It has relatively practical luggage capacity. On our 17 day holiday we took the hood cover, didn't do any washing and still had room for 4 cases of wine. Admittedly I'm 5'6" and Trisha is 5'2" so there was plenty of room behind our seats.
Old 07-23-2002, 02:46 AM

I never expected that.....

Thanks for all the replys, made for a great read and gave me some food for thought

'Respect' seems to be the word, I'll be a little more careful than I was planning to be when I get the keys to the S2K, I quite like the fact that I'll have to learn how to drive again I give it large with the TEG and can get away with most of it, lift-off oversteer around greasy roundabouts! Don't think I'd try the same in the S2K until I'd learnt it inside out
It seems the S2K has much more about it, the TEG want's to be driven all the time, which on a 3 1/2 drive to Cornwall can kill me and leave me wrecked with a light wallet and bad back

Roll on next week, can't wait now!! Must have seen 4 S2K's on the way to work (Oxford) last night, the Yellow looks pretty tidy

Seems like there is a good club too, I'll go and check out the other threads, thanks all I really appreciate your opinions

Matt555
ITR
Honda-R member