UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

An Integra driver writes!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2002, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, hope you don't mind me gate crashing........

After a blast in one of your members motors the other week, I've got the bug (thanks mat mate)
So I've got an extended test drive booked for next week but what can I expect?

Any ex Integra drivers out there? Opinions more than appreciated

What's the score with the Hard-Top, money well spent or not?

I can't wait for the drive, hopefully the weather will hold out

What's the S2K like for everyday use? It's got to be better than the TEG (not to hard really), but is it real smooth when you want it to be?

So if anyone has got any tips then I'd really appreciate it, thanks guys and gals and sorry for all the questions

Matt
Matt555
ITR
Black 2000
Old 07-22-2002, 04:31 AM

Hi there,

Is S2000 is an easy peasy car to drive around car or in traffic.

This is due to the fact that the VTEC only starts to kick in at around the 6000rpm region. So, if you're pootling up the high street in traffic, power delivery is smooth and docile to the rear wheels (providing you're not booting it! )

As for the hard top: I didn't bother with one - unless it's raining, I have the roof down all the time. I saw Microbe over the weekend at the Box Hill meet and he is like-minded - he even drove on Boxing Day with roof down (brave man!) This is also more pleasant than it sounds due to the rather nifty "convertible" setting on the heating controls. This directs all the heating to the legs and dash vents - directly at the passenger/driver, and doesn't waste any hot air blowing it up the windscreen where it would be lost straight out of the car.

I've never driven an Integra, so I can't comment on comparisons between the two.

Good luck with your future purchase...
Old 07-22-2002, 04:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brian Marshall and Dog Biscuit (Marc) have both owned (and have very fond memories of) ITR's.....
Old 07-22-2002, 04:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Matt,
I could chat at a meet - I'm hoping to make both JAE and the 4th August McMillan event.

Since I'm an ex-ITR owner, who drives an S2000 as a daily driver, and has a hardtop - I can certainly give an opinion.

-Brian.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:42 AM
tnt

Hi Matt,

The S2000 was the first RWD sports car I have ever driven and I am still amazed at how easy I find her to drive (maybe I'm not driving her hard enough ). Even from Day One.

So far, in the 15 months of ownership, I have only had two scary moments. Both related to water on the road. Thankfully nothing serious other than bumping wheel against kerb.

One warning - be aware that the bonnet is very long!!!! As I found out when I bumped a friend's car when parking outside my local just after I had picked the car up

I find the S2000 a dream to drive in all traffic conditions from crawling in a traffic jam to pootling round town right through to an all out blast on the motorway or country road.

I would second MarkW's comments on the hard top. I would never have one - my rule of driving is: if it isn't raining get the top down

As to the test drive - maybe someone on the board can recommend a good drive or two.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:47 AM

Thanks for the replys fellas

So there are a few ex ITR drivers kicking about, I thought as much It seems the natural step to me, ITR-S2K whilst still retaining the 'joy of V-Tec' and having some coolness thrown in, NICE Vnice

Brian (Turtle as I remember!!), unfortunetely due to Holidays (Tenerife/New Orleans!) and work I can't make either JAE or the Mcmillan event But I'd really appreciate some honest oppinions and I'm sure I'll get to meet up with some of you guys and gals... We organise a few meets down Oxford way for Honda owners, with the next one on the 25th August (heading South), FEEL free to join in. Nothing stupid but good fun

Thanks again

Matt555
ITR
Honda-R member
Old 07-22-2002, 04:56 AM

Ah Matt, you finally got round to posting!!!

I look forward to hearing your opinion and comments on the S. I'm sure you're going to love it, especially with the extra 1k rpm on the counter.

Matt
Old 07-22-2002, 05:08 AM

Hi Matt, took my time but got there in the end!
Roll on next week, I've got the S2K for 2 hours and I'm following that up with a drive in the new M3!!!!!!

The girlie is fed up with me talking about my next motor, so it's time to walk the walk!!

Matt555
ITR
Honda-R member
Old 07-22-2002, 05:42 AM

Matt,

If you need any more help on the S2000, I had an ITR for 2.5 years before changing for the S2000. Both are amazing cars in their own right. The ITR as you know is generally more racy.

Good luck
Old 07-22-2002, 05:48 AM

What are the real Performance/MPG specs? It certainly felt to me that the S2K would spank the ITR for straight line pace, any thoughts?

I got a quote on the insurance the other day

Quick Reply: An Integra driver writes!!!!!!