UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Insurance Renewal

Old 04-11-2002, 03:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol. VTEC is gonna be an experience for him then.
Old 04-11-2002, 03:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Leggy Blonde
I'll just have to steel myself for the 'White Knuckle Ride'
No need Lisa. Whilst general insurance (as opposed to life/health insurance) is something my firm doesn't do, I do have friends and colleagues in that field and I can confirm that IanL has it boxed off (as per usual ). Your Dad is on the policy because he MAY need to drive the car at some point, that's all. Why that should bring the premium down is beyond me (but then so is the logic behind most general insurance underwriting )
Old 04-11-2002, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL
Nice story, LB !
My mother bought an 8 valve Calibra a few years back - when I asked her why she didn't get the 16v version she said she tried it but it was way too fast (and the seats weren't comfortable). I thought it strange as she had to wait a short while for the 8v to be built whereas she could have had the 16v immediately.
Anyway, a year or two later the Calibra was replaced with a brand new 4 litre Jag XJS. When I asked why she though that wouldn't be too fast I was told that she really liked the colour and the seats were comfy !

Still, I'd better not take the mickey as I'm probably going to ask her to be a named driver on the S2000 (even though she lives in Norwich !)
Old 04-11-2002, 04:28 AM

My mum has insured on my Saab for 3 years and halved my premiums. She has driven it once and then only to move it off her drive so she could get her lawn mower through!
Old 04-11-2002, 04:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ugly Bloke
[B]My mum has insured on my Saab for 3 years and halved my premiums.
Old 04-11-2002, 04:44 AM

How do you spin a 2CV? Your mum is a one off! When I get an S2000, I shall continue putting mother on the insurance, she will drive it once, deem it unsafe, too fast and not bother to ask again.
Old 04-11-2002, 04:55 AM

???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!1
Am I being thick?? As a 26 year old my insurance is not cheap for my S2, and Im also with Elephant.co.uk.

My renewal is due in August. When I renew I just need to give them my Dads details, mention his no cliams and thats it?????

Am I missing anything?????

Cheers
Churchy
Old 04-11-2002, 04:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Ugly Bloke
[B........... she will drive it once, deem it unsafe, too fast and not bother to ask again. [/B]
You are made of sterner stuff than I!
Old 04-11-2002, 04:59 AM

She is a pretty good driver, one of the few people I trust to be nice to a car!
Old 04-11-2002, 05:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by PWE 896
No need Lisa. Whilst general insurance (as opposed to life/health insurance) is something my firm doesn't do, I do have friends and colleagues in that field and I can confirm that IanL has it boxed off (as per usual ). Your Dad is on the policy because he MAY need to drive the car at some point, that's all. Why that should bring the premium down is beyond me (but then so is the logic behind most general insurance underwriting )
It was explained to me by the insurance company that 'they' assume the lower risk driver will drive your car x % of time (no %'s mentioned), thus it reduces your premium as they would be the cheaper to insure, add the 'two' premiums together and half it so to speak!!

Perfectly legal, even if they don't drive it at all.

Quick Reply: Insurance Renewal