UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Insurance Comparison Thread Four

Old 10-29-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BledS2k
I've just renewed with Sky Insurance for the second year running & as last year a pleasure to deal with.

I spoke to "Alex" & although we had some negotiations on the price where they honoured a price match with another competitor who features on here as a preferred, overall I couldn't fault them at all.

Prior to my renewal date they sent me letters reminding me & even dropped me a courtesy call; nothing like some previous insurers where if you don't contact them they simply take your money at your renewal date.

Fortunately at this point (fingers crossed touching wood) I've never had to make a claim so can't comment on them from that point of view, however in terms of price, knowledge of the car & overall experience in dealing with I would highly recommend them.

Cheers again Sky & thank you Alex.

Brent
Thank you Brent. I've passed the feedback on to my colleague Alex, she sits on the desk opposite to me. Despite doing an excellent job and working with a 70% renewal retention rate, my renewals team colleagues do not receive much in the way of feedback so she was pleased to see this.

Thanks again. If you have any queries, you'll find me at the end of a Private Message or email to carclubs@skyinsurance.co.uk

Ollie
Sky Insurance

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html
Old 10-29-2012, 10:13 PM

Once you've found a price you're happy with, have at look at Quidco to see if there's cashback to be had - eg Aviva doing £80 for new policies currently, if you click to their site via Quidco. Ditto Direct Line - £50, Swiftcover - £35 plus many others. Cashback not guaranteed, as needs to track cleanly - so clear cookies first. Worked for me with Aviva.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just renewed with Adrian Flux - having originally quoted £475 (£5 up on last year), they have agreed to match classicline at £384.

This includes:
- Legal Protection
- Home Breakdown
- £250 excess
- Underwritten by Groupama
- 9yrs NCB
- NG PO Code
- Garaged
- 48 yoa
- 5k miles

Would have considered moving to clasicline, but their policy was underwritten by Equity Red Star - who have some pretty poor customer service ratings. However, I am not greatly persuaded that there is much between any of them when youi actually need them to put their hands in their pocket!!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 AM

Hi,

Just thought I would share this.

Usual s**t from my existing company on renewal. Premium up by about 20% so I thought I would shop around.

Existing company iansurance quote: £480.00
Liverpool Victoria (LV) quote: £236.77

Guess which one I bought?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 AM

Insurance is very subjective but that's a good price. I just managed to get mine down £70.00 and reduce my excess by £150.00, got it for £277.00 with all the trimmings.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 AM

Everyone I know down here in dorsetshire, including myself, has switched to LV in the last 12 months!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 PM

I noticed insurance quotes has gone down on the S2000s and the reverse for the Elises. Something's going on.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by cornpot
AAAHhhhhhhhhhh The advantages of being ancient.....older even than "Stufix", 64 at time of insuring for current year.

Policy renewal with AVIVA , Comprehensive cover with Courtesy car.
250 excess, two named drivers, 5ooo miles ayear.
Extra 49 for recovery.
Renewed at £315.29 SORTED> (no idea where the 29pence came from)
I've just switched back to Aviva after 3 years with Swift.
I'm an old fart, had a licence for 45 years.
3 points (and our lass has 6 points and is on policy)
8 years NCB....
......total cost £262.

Price is great, but the fun may start if a claim arises.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So my insurance is up in Jan so thought i'd do a quote. £950. Not bad I thought for 24 with 6 years no claims.

Then I remembered i'd been snapped for doing 35 in a 30 this Summer. A little frustrating!

So plug it into the online quotes and now it's £1250! £300 extra for doing 35 once!!!!

I then pretended I had got it last year and still same price. Then the year before... same price! They are going to mug me off £300 extra every year for the next 5 years!!!!

I know... don't do the crime and you won't do the time.... But damn this is annoying!

Sorry little rant over. I'll just bend over now and hand over my cash :/

Wayne
Old 12-28-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just had my renewal quote. Very disappointed; £592 fully comp. considering my seniority (40 earth years) and I've been on full NCB for several years, no points, no accidents etc and coming up to two years trouble free S2000 ownership.
Will do some ringing around in the new year. Pisses me off how they are always seem to be able to match a competitors' quote, but still give me a crap renewal price!

Quick Reply: Insurance Comparison Thread Four